Motorcyclist dies in Somerset Township head-on crash
A Friedens man was killed Saturday evening in a head-on crash in Somerset Township.
Austin Coddington, 22, was riding his Honda 450 dirt bike south on Geiger Road when he crossed the center line rounding a right curve and hit a minivan driven by Karrie Smith, 33, of Somerset, state police in Somerset said.
Coddington was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said Smith was taken by ambulance to Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Winter weather advisory for Western Pa. in effect until Monday afternoon
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Defensive lineman commits to PSU during campus visit
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash
- Paying cost of attendance worries Power 5 schools large and small
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- ‘I almost left here’ says Highland Park woman who contracted flesh-eating bacteria
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Classes increasingly blend in technology in Western Pa. schools
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites