SCI-Laurel Highlands inmate found dead
An SCI-Laurel Highlands inmate committed from Lycoming County died at the facility early Saturday, according to state police.
Brian Yasipour Sr., 64, died of natural causes, police said.
He was found guilty but mentally ill on a charge of criminal homicide in 2006 for the 2001 stabbing death of his 4-year-old daughter.
Yasipour was serving a prison sentence of 20 to 40 years.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kent State provocation with ‘blood’ sweatshirt denied
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- New approach on offense has Pirates in playoff contention this season
- Crosby appreciates his relationship with Penguins fans
- Pitt football coach Chryst refutes analyst Wannstedt’s opinion
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Peters is thriving with help from sibling pairs, including star twins
- WVU suspends starting cornerback Worley indefinitely
- Jury acquits Ford of assaulting police, deadlocks on other counts
- Wheel separation incidents occasionally prove deadly; NTSB doesn’t track them