TribLIVE

| News


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Fire damages apartment building in Roscoe

Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, 1:46 p.m.
 

An early morning apartment fire displaced more than a dozen people Thursday in Roscoe, Washington County.

Roscoe Mayor Tom Wilkinson, who also is chief of the Stockdale Volunteer Fire Department, said it appears the blaze started with a space heater on the second floor of the Central Apartments building on Furlong Avenue about 4 a.m. The fire marshal is investigating. No humans were injured, but one dog died.

Firefighters had to wake residents who were sleeping, Wilkinson said.

The fire damaged all three stories of the building. The American Red Cross provided food and shelter to 14 adults and three pets.

Rachel Weaver is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-320-7948 or rweaver@tribweb.com.

 

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Stories

  1. Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
  2. Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
  3. Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
  4. Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
  5. Steelers formalize practice squad
  6. Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
  7. Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
  8. Toll road system traces roots to Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Turnpike
  9. On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
  10. Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
  11. Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.