Ellsworth man arrested on drug charges
Published: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 1:39 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 13, 2013
An Ellsworth man, wanted on drug charges since December, was arrested Friday at a Bentleyville bar with drugs and money in his possession, Washington County District Attorney Eugene A. Vittone said.
Darnell Simpson, 27, was wanted on charges of possession with intent to deliver drugs, drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia that were filed in December by Washington County detectives.
Simpson was arrested Friday night at a bar in Bentleyville through a joint effort by the Washington County District Attorney's Drug Task Force in cooperation with members of the Washington County Sheriff's Office, the Pennsylvania State Police, and Southwest Regional Police Department, Vittone said.
Simpson had more than 10 grams of cocaine and $1,400 in cash in his possession at the time of his arrest, Vittone said.
Simpson was lodged in the Washington County Correctional Facility on $25,000 straight bond.
- Locke, Pirates power past Brewers, 5-2
- Pens to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- Pirates notebook: Cutter a boon for Melancon
- WPIAL athletes fare well in final day of state track
- MLB notebook: Yankees’ Granderson goes on DL again
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- 3 more men arrested in slaying of soldier
- ’76 Apple model gets $668K at auction
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Vehicle slams into bakery, no injuries
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.