Gambling evidence seized in two Charleroi bar raids
Washington County authorities raided two Charleroi bars Thursday in an ongoing investigation into suspected gambling activities in the area, according to District Attorney Eugene A. Vittone.
Vittone said the district attorney's office gaming task force and Charleroi Police executed search warrants at the Myford Hotel at 702 Fallowfield Ave. and the M&D Bar and Grill, 731 McKean Ave., for alleged possession and use of illegal gambling devices.
Vittone said investigators seized seven video slot machines and more than $2,100 in the raids that took place between 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
“This is an important first step in controlling activity at problem bars within the county,” Vittone said. “We have had many complaints regarding activity in these two bars.”
He said funds for the investigation were provided through the state gaming control board.
According to Vittone, the investigation is continuing and criminal charges will be filed at a later date.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Eagle Scout project gives Knoch High Stadium press box a face-lift
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Small retailers at intersection of social networks, foot traffic
- Allegheny County buck could prove to be state’s largest ever taken
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Shooting victims live with bullets to survive, thrive