Gambling evidence seized in two Charleroi bar raids
Published: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 8:27 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Washington County authorities raided two Charleroi bars Thursday in an ongoing investigation into suspected gambling activities in the area, according to District Attorney Eugene A. Vittone.
Vittone said the district attorney's office gaming task force and Charleroi Police executed search warrants at the Myford Hotel at 702 Fallowfield Ave. and the M&D Bar and Grill, 731 McKean Ave., for alleged possession and use of illegal gambling devices.
Vittone said investigators seized seven video slot machines and more than $2,100 in the raids that took place between 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
“This is an important first step in controlling activity at problem bars within the county,” Vittone said. “We have had many complaints regarding activity in these two bars.”
He said funds for the investigation were provided through the state gaming control board.
According to Vittone, the investigation is continuing and criminal charges will be filed at a later date.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Steelers reach agreement with sixth-round pick Williams
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Massive tornado roars through Oklahoma City suburb
- Bill requires schools to prepare for allergy emergencies by having stock of EpiPens
- Lost gauge that contains nuclear materials is recovered in Maryland
- Indiana Township bar, padlocked, to reopen
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.