Gambling evidence seized in two Charleroi bar raids
Washington County authorities raided two Charleroi bars Thursday in an ongoing investigation into suspected gambling activities in the area, according to District Attorney Eugene A. Vittone.
Vittone said the district attorney's office gaming task force and Charleroi Police executed search warrants at the Myford Hotel at 702 Fallowfield Ave. and the M&D Bar and Grill, 731 McKean Ave., for alleged possession and use of illegal gambling devices.
Vittone said investigators seized seven video slot machines and more than $2,100 in the raids that took place between 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
“This is an important first step in controlling activity at problem bars within the county,” Vittone said. “We have had many complaints regarding activity in these two bars.”
He said funds for the investigation were provided through the state gaming control board.
According to Vittone, the investigation is continuing and criminal charges will be filed at a later date.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- 2nd American journalist beheaded as ISIS jihadist taunts, ‘I’m back, Obama’
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Smaller companies outperform multinationals on U.S. strength over eurozone
- IUP’s Lane seizes big opportunity
- Pitt football notebook: Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Healthy Eating: Turn your zucchini into no-fry fries