Newsmaker: Martin A. Fritz
Noteworthy: Fritz was named 2013-14 vice president of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants at its 116th convention in Philadelphia.
Family: Wife, Mary Ellen, 54, and children, McKenzie, 18, and Madison, 14
Occupation: Executive vice president of operations, land and construction at EQT Corp. in Pittsburgh.
Background: He is a member of the institute's Marcellus Shale Committee. He is also past president of the institute's Pittsburgh chapter and sits on its Cooperation With the Bar and Nomination committees. He also sits on the board and is past president of the Greater Pittsburgh Literacy Council; he is a member of the United Way of Allegheny County's board, and co-chairs its Youth and Needs Assessment Advisory Committee.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business and economics from the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown in 1986 and a juris doctorate degree from the Penn State University Dickinson School of Law in 1992.
Quote: “I think it's an opportunity to give back to a fantastic profession that has been a key to my success.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin says practice will determine LB Harrison’s role
- Steelers notebook: Archer shooting for return vs. Buccaneers
- Pirates notebook: Pirates prepare for playoff berth celebration
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery
- Penguins notebook: Crosby practices for 1st time since opening of camp
- Port Authority: Drivers ‘reckless’ before buses bumped, wrecking 1
- Big apartment plan in Oakland gets Planning Commission OK
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- State Sen. Jim Ferlo: ‘I’m gay. Get over it. I love it’
- Allegheny County executive says property tax increase not planned in 2015
- MLB notebook: Selig hopes Jeter will pursue ownership role after retirement