Donora drug dealer gets prison
A Donora man was sentenced to five to 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to charges stemming from a January raid in which 3,700 stamp bags of heroin, $33,477 in cash and a loaded .45-caliber revolver were confiscated.
Quinte L. Crane, 35, was sentenced Tuesday by Washington County Judge John F. DeSalle. Crane pleaded guilty to felony charges of possession with intent to deliver heroin, possession with intent to deliver cocaine and possession of a firearm by a person not permitted to possess.
Crane was arrested Jan. 9 after police executed a search warrant at his 637 Fifth St. home.
The search warrant was a result of a cooperative investigation by the state police and the Washington County District Attorney's Drug Task Force.
The investigation focused on heroin and crack cocaine trafficking.
Assistant District Attorney Michael J. Fagella prosecuted this case.
“We will continue to focus our efforts on eliminating and prosecuting dangerous drug dealers operating in Washington County,” District Attorney Gene Vittone said in the wake of the guilty pleas and subsequent sentencing.
At the time of the arrest, Donora Mayor John Lignelli said it was “one of the happiest days of my life.”
At the time, Lignelli said residents' complaints about questionable activity at Crane's house sparked the investigation.
Vittone that day said citizens can play a major role in the battle against illicit drug trafficking.
“That's how we know where to go. Citizen complaints and some really good undercover work from the state police and drug task force led to today's action,” he said the day Crane was arrested.
“We recovered a lot of heroin and got a gun off the street, which is always good.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office