Ohio man killed in Washington County crash
An Ohio man died in a single-vehicle crash in Washington County early Friday morning.
Scott David Schuetz, 29, of Martins Ferry drove out of the eastbound lanes of Interstate 70 in North Franklin Township at about 1:30 a.m., said Coroner Timothy Warco.
Schuetz's Honda SUV crossed the median embankment and landed in the westbound lanes, ejecting Schuetz from the vehicle.
He was pronounced dead of blunt force trauma at about 2:45 a.m., Warco said.
Authorities are investigating the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Dormont to ease parking crunch once auto dealer vacates lot
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Penn-Trafford long snapper commits to Navy
- Survivalist accused of killing trooper pleads not guilty
- Penn-Trafford’s Chishko looking to end freshman season strong
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in prescription narcotics operation
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in North Oakland
- Woman pays $178 fine for Westmoreland courthouse conduct
- Krieger to seek Westmoreland County Common Pleas judgeship
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center