Suspect crashes into Canonsburg police vehicle during chase
Police in Washington County said a driver led them on a chase that reached 90 mph early Friday morning before crashing into a police SUV and taking off on foot.
Officers tried pulling the driver over in Canonsburg because he had a burned-out headlight. Officials said that's when he sped off.
Police followed the driver onto Interstate 79, authorities said, until the driver got off at the Southpointe exit, where he hit a Canonsburg police car. The officer inside was not hurt and the SUV has minor front-end damage.
After the crash, police said, the driver got out of his car and took off on foot.
Investigators said the car involved belongs to someone who lives in Bloomfield, but aren't sure if the owner was behind the wheel.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Moon girls team is savoring a return to big-school soccer
- HS highlight reel: Red, White & Blue Invite set for Saturday
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- TED Talks event to appeal to millenials
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy TV’s odds
- Gorman: Mt. Lebanon coach leads USA to gold