1 dead in Washington County motorcycle crash
A Burgettstown man was killed overnight when a motorcycle struck a tree in Washington County.
Patrick A. Fages, 48, veered off Eldersville Road near Karch Road at about 10:40 p.m. Sunday, according to a release from Coroner Tim Warco.
Fages crossed the center line and struck a tree, and ended up in the road. A witness said a white SUV then struck Fages and fled, Warco said.
Fages was pronounced dead at 12:20 a.m. Monday of blunt force trauma, Warco said.
Pennsylvania State Police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Martin’s homer rescues Pirates in 4-2 victory over Brewers
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Sears to close store at Century III Mall in West Mifflin
- Inside the glass: Johnston’s opening practice grueling
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Finally healthy, Letang looking to make his presence felt as a leader
- Police, bloodhound team locate former athletic director, Greensburg official
- City’s plan for Strip flummoxes vendors
- Pirates notebook: Morton scratched from Sunday’s start
- Judge lifts order blocking racy state emails
- Orders for Pittsburgh police hats soar with new uniform policy