1 dead in Washington County motorcycle crash
A Burgettstown man was killed overnight when a motorcycle struck a tree in Washington County.
Patrick A. Fages, 48, veered off Eldersville Road near Karch Road at about 10:40 p.m. Sunday, according to a release from Coroner Tim Warco.
Fages crossed the center line and struck a tree, and ended up in the road. A witness said a white SUV then struck Fages and fled, Warco said.
Fages was pronounced dead at 12:20 a.m. Monday of blunt force trauma, Warco said.
Pennsylvania State Police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- East Allegheny teachers maintain strike plans
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- HS highlight reel: Highmark set to host HS matches
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- High school roundup: South Fayette opens section play with victory
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns