State police arrest Washington County man in hit-and-run death
State police filed charges Saturday against a Washington County man who they say fled the scene after striking and killing a Scenery Hill pedestrian with his pickup.
Brittany M. Chapman, 29, was walking along the northbound lane of South Main Street in Ellsworth about 8:40 p.m. Friday when a vehicle traveling southbound hit her, the Washington County Coroner's Office said. The coroner's office ruled that Chapman died of blunt force trauma.
Robert Lee Myers Jr., 42, of Ellsworth was taken to Washington County Jail and denied bail, court records show.
Myers faces more than a dozen charges, including homicide by vehicle while under the influence.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Aug. 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Jury selection for Ferrante trial begins today