11 charged in drug-related arrests in West Newton area
By Stacey Federoff
Published: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 10:30 p.m.
Eleven people who are accused of selling marijuana, prescription pain pills, heroin and cocaine in the West Newton area were jailed Wednesday.
West Newton police Sgt. Tony Gillingham said two more suspects are incarcerated in Allegheny County in unrelated cases and arrest warrants have been issued for four additional suspects.
"Drug dealers need to be aware that they are not welcome and we will take every effort to eradicate drugs from this community," he said in a statement.
Between last Nov. 13 and May 27, unnamed informants and undercover officers purchased about $4,000 worth of drugs from the suspects at residences and in public places in West Newton, Rostraver, Sutersville and South Huntingdon, according to criminal complaints filed before District Justice Charles M. Christner.
One mother allegedly sold oxycodone pills to an undercover police officer in front of her children, police said.
Danielle Wilson, 33, of 403 Hill St., West Newton, allegedly met the officer in the parking lot of the West Newton Giant Eagle at about 6:20 p.m. on May 27, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Wilson allowed the "customer" to get into her car, where he saw two young children in the back seat, police said. Wilson allegedly took three pills from a prescription bottle and put them in a plastic bag, police said. She was paid $85 in cash, according to police.
Police said an officer met Wilson on three other occasions in the parking lots of the Flying J Travel Plaza in South Huntingdon, the West Newton Rite-Aid and the West Newton Giant Eagle to buy a total of 47 pills for $1,025.
In addition to possession and delivery of drugs, Wilson is charged with endangering the welfare of her children and criminal conspiracy.
The 11 suspects in custody are being held in the Westmoreland County jail after Christner set bond for each suspect at either $50,000 or $100,000.
Charged with felony counts of drug possession and intent to deliver are:
•Nicholas Bryan, 33, of 217 N. Water St., West Newton.
•Dennis Friend, 53, of 129 N. Second St., Apt. 3, West Newton.
•Beth Ann Gouker, 31, of 208 S. Eighth St., West Newton.
•Alyssa Lynn Imbrogno, 19, of 216 McKean Ave., Apt. 1, Donora.
•Adam Pirlo, 32, of 612 Pier St., Smithton.
•Brittany Amanda Probert, 24, of 32 Mathews Road, Apt. 330, Rostraver.
•Tammy Laine Schneider, 49, of 311 Blackburn St., West Newton.
•Brehn Lee Stewart, 66, of 803 W. Main St., Apt. 3, West Newton.
•Danielle Lynn Spor, 30, of 319 Blackburn St., West Newton.
•Chad Ulander, 46, of 314 N. Second St., West Newton.
In addition, Bryan, Imbrogno and Probert were charged with criminal conspiracy.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police see no sign Franklin Regional stabbing suspect was bullied
- Retired postal worker picks $1M winner
- Response to Franklin Regional stabbings earns official top public safety spot
- Community turns out for Franklin Regional students’ return to class
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Derry Borough councilwoman pleads guilty in missing-money case
- Ligonier Township to consider zoning for ‘agricultural tourism’
- Hempfield Area superintendent, business manager quit
- Police: Volunteer firefighter admits to setting fires
- Youngwood father of 3-month-old boy arraigned on child abuse charges
- Judge rules Delmont man was not aggressor in assault outside Wal-Mart