Export lawn care company owner pleads guilty to tax evasion
An Export woman pleaded guilty Monday to underreporting the income from a lawn care company she owns with her husband.
Jennifer Falbo, 42, pleaded guilty to one count of tax evasion for reporting that Pittsburgh Lawn Care's 2003 gross receipts were $138,401 when they actually were $314,073.34. Her husband, Michael Falbo, 40, pleaded guilty to the same offense in April, prosecutors said.
U.S. District Judge Donetta Ambrose has scheduled Michael Falbo's sentencing for Aug. 14 and Jennifer Falbo's sentencing for Nov. 6.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Reputed leader of motorcycle gang returned to Pa. to face charges
- Yukon kennel founder jailed for allegedly threatening workers
- Sale date for Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette finalized by court
- Route 30 work near Jeannette starts
- Psychologist to evaluate Greensburg woman involved in Daugherty killing
- Fayette County parents charged with endangering children, cruelty to animals
- WCCC board approves $800K in change orders
- Greensburg woman faces theft, drug charges
- Scottdale Community Pool offers swim classes
- No injuries after Greensburg-Salem school bus accident in Murrysville
- Salem pair charged with animal cruelty