Cambria County man accused of raping 2 girls in Indiana County
A Marstellar man accused of raping two young girls is in the Indiana County Jail.
John Michael Laney, 29, allegedly sexually assaulted the girls on separate occasions at a borough residence. State police said one girl was 7 or 8 years old at the time and the second was under the age of 9.
Laney is charged in two separate cases with two counts each of rape of a child, sexual assault and aggravated indecent assault and three counts each of indecent assault and corruption of minors.
He is incarcerated on separate bails of $100,000 and $25,000. Preliminary hearings are scheduled Tuesday before District Judge George Thachik.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Identities oftheft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Grant program targets 7 Westmoreland County towns, including Greensburg, for revitalization
- Mt. Pleasant Scout creates drop box for flag disposal
- Latrobe-Unity parks department seeks grant; revamp to cost $112K
- Girl, 8, hit by truck in North Irwin, breaks leg
- Contract talks to start this week for prison union in Westmoreland
- Westmoreland judge: Contact with advocacy group won’t hamper fairness in drug trial
- 1 injured in Mt. Pleasant Twp. accident
- At 87, Rostraver man still entertaining polka fans
- Machine operator avoids serious injuries in accident in North Huntingdon
- Greensburg finalizes deal to provide sign language interpreter for soccer program