Cambria County man accused of raping 2 girls in Indiana County
Published: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, October 6, 2012
A Marstellar man accused of raping two young girls is in the Indiana County Jail.
John Michael Laney, 29, allegedly sexually assaulted the girls on separate occasions at a borough residence. State police said one girl was 7 or 8 years old at the time and the second was under the age of 9.
Laney is charged in two separate cases with two counts each of rape of a child, sexual assault and aggravated indecent assault and three counts each of indecent assault and corruption of minors.
He is incarcerated on separate bails of $100,000 and $25,000. Preliminary hearings are scheduled Tuesday before District Judge George Thachik.
- Former Jeannette hospital attracts Calif. buyer
- Fireworks to honor Greensburg Community Days organizer Koval
- Hearings set for Irwin woman in alleged stalking
- Suspect surrenders in Penn Township foundry evacuation
- Mt. Pleasant to dedicate new digital wall honoring veterans
- Westmoreland County transit union unhappy in talks
- Tentative Greensburg Salem budget hires 17, hikes tax
- 11 jurors in Knight death sentence hearing confident they took oath
- Southmoreland School District budget steady on taxes
- Fay-West communities to observe Memorial Day
- Mayor’s defeat may spell end of ‘Monessen Rising’
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.