Cambria County man accused of raping 2 girls in Indiana County
A Marstellar man accused of raping two young girls is in the Indiana County Jail.
John Michael Laney, 29, allegedly sexually assaulted the girls on separate occasions at a borough residence. State police said one girl was 7 or 8 years old at the time and the second was under the age of 9.
Laney is charged in two separate cases with two counts each of rape of a child, sexual assault and aggravated indecent assault and three counts each of indecent assault and corruption of minors.
He is incarcerated on separate bails of $100,000 and $25,000. Preliminary hearings are scheduled Tuesday before District Judge George Thachik.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard
- Westmoreland County gets the word out about drug problem
- Blaze ravages South Huntingdon home
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- Entrapment, injury reported in Derry Township accident
- Penn Township sues to get blighted property cleaned
- Unity zoning board OKs cellphone tower project
- Mt. Pleasant Relay for Life participants unfazed by rain
- Murrysville police seek help to catch vandals