Cambria County man accused of raping 2 girls in Indiana County
A Marstellar man accused of raping two young girls is in the Indiana County Jail.
John Michael Laney, 29, allegedly sexually assaulted the girls on separate occasions at a borough residence. State police said one girl was 7 or 8 years old at the time and the second was under the age of 9.
Laney is charged in two separate cases with two counts each of rape of a child, sexual assault and aggravated indecent assault and three counts each of indecent assault and corruption of minors.
He is incarcerated on separate bails of $100,000 and $25,000. Preliminary hearings are scheduled Tuesday before District Judge George Thachik.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penn Township teen allegedly drunk at time of police chase, crash
- Friends of Homeless Felines marks 10 years in Scottdale
- More charged filed against Derry Township man who allegedly held woman at knifepoint
- Ethics panel: It’s OK for Westmoreland commissioner to do business with municipalities
- YouTube campaign by Latrobe 4-year-old aids Alzheimer’s Association
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Consent decree that limits weddings at Foxley Farms ruled valid
- Adelphoi resident charged as adult in Latrobe assault
- Forbes: Monday is pizza night at St. Pius
- Latrobe man who admitted role in fatal crash allowed to continue driving