Cambria County man accused of raping 2 girls in Indiana County
A Marstellar man accused of raping two young girls is in the Indiana County Jail.
John Michael Laney, 29, allegedly sexually assaulted the girls on separate occasions at a borough residence. State police said one girl was 7 or 8 years old at the time and the second was under the age of 9.
Laney is charged in two separate cases with two counts each of rape of a child, sexual assault and aggravated indecent assault and three counts each of indecent assault and corruption of minors.
He is incarcerated on separate bails of $100,000 and $25,000. Preliminary hearings are scheduled Tuesday before District Judge George Thachik.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coming off hill revives Seton Hill University, downtown Greensburg
- ‘Bride’ goes on at Geyer theater in Scottdale
- Latrobe pharmacy will offer overdose antidote
- 4 sentenced for roles in botched Lower Burrell heist
- Fines against MAX Environmental up to Westmoreland judge
- Westmoreland community leaders discuss how to meet hunger needs
- Mutual Aid plans fundraising throughout Westmoreland County to bolster member numbers
- Greensburg Hempfield Area Library board to consider tax referendum
- Marathoner hit by vehicle in Murrysville recuperates
- Ligonier YMCA expansion back in court
- Wrongful death suit against Westmoreland Manor settled