Two suspects enter Latrobe apartment, beat man
Two men forced their way into an apartment at 221 Main St. Tuesday and beat one of the occupants.
City police are investigating the incident that sent John Malletz Jr., 46, to Excela Health Latrobe hospital with extensive injuries. A hospital spokeswoman said Friday he was treated and released.
The suspects also allegedly assaulted Malletz's father, John Malletz Sr., 72.
Police could not be reached Friday for more details.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Monessen lawyer disbarred by state disciplinary board
- Irwin Park ball field improvements could move forward
- Institutionalized Westmoreland man, 2 others, file suit, claim lack of programs
- Latrobe City Council OKs sale of Old Athletic Field for new elementary school
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character
- Re-enactor commits to pioneer lifestyle in Murrysville cabin
- 40 years later, siblings of South Greensburg girl who disappeared still seek closure
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Drones hover at top of holiday wish lists
- Indiana County school employee allegedly showed 2 students an inappropriate photo
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices