Weight limit placed on some East Huntingdon Twp. roads
By Marilyn Forbes
Published: Friday, February 8, 2013, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Friday, February 8, 2013
East Huntingdon Township supervisors this week approved an ordinance that restricts weight on 70 miles of township roads.
Township solicitor Aaron Bialon said after receiving a report of road surveys from township engineer Doug Regola of Victor P. Regola and Associates, supervisors decided to put a 10 ton weight limit on the roads.
“The supervisors asked me to draft an ordinance where we would restrict weigh to 10 tons on all township roads, permitting exceptions,” Bialon said.
Restriction exceptions may include some construction routing and hauling and other single passage routing.
Agriculture is exempt.
Anyone wishing to obtain permission for an exemption other than agriculture is to visit the township building to report their exact route planned and exceptions must also be bonded to cover the cost of any damages that may occur to the township roads from the hauling.
“We are not going to pay the bill for any damages that they may create,” Bialon said.
Supervisor Joel Suter said he does not anticipate having any problems with the new restrictions.
In other business, supervisors announced the proposed 2013 budget is available for public viewing.
The supervisors hope to vote on and pass the budget at the Nov. 21 meeting.
Marilyn Forbes is a freelance writer.
- Former Jeannette hospital attracts Calif. buyer
- Fireworks to honor Greensburg Community Days organizer Koval
- Hearings set for North Huntingdon woman in alleged stalking
- Suspect surrenders in Penn Township foundry evacuation
- Mt. Pleasant to dedicate new digital wall honoring veterans
- Southmoreland School District budget steady on taxes
- $2.5K reward offered for suspect who robbed Monessen pharmacy only for painkillers
- 11 jurors confident they took oath
- Tentative budget hires 17, hikes tax
- Westmoreland County Community College passes tentative budget
- Fay-West communities to observe Memorial Day
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.