Penn Twp. teen punches dad during fight over candy
Published: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, November 15, 2012
A teen accused of stealing and hiding his younger sister's Halloween candy allegedly punched his father repeatedly during a confrontation, police said.
Township police arrested Christopher McGeary, 18, of 501 N. 14th St., following the Nov. 7 incident. McGeary allegedly threatened his father and said, “If you swear at me again, I'll punch your face out,” according to an affidavit of probable cause.
McGeary then began punching his father, causing a nose bleed, a laceration and swelling, according to police. Gregory McGeary, whose age was not available, was treated at an undisclosed hospital, police said.
Christopher McGeary is charged with simple assault and harassment. A preliminary hearing before District Judge Helen Kistler is scheduled for Dec. 11. He is free on $10,000 unsecured bond.
- Monessen revival boils down to money that could be difficult to secure
- Organization helps cancer-stricken mother see her kids attend prom
- Zoning restrictions threaten reopening of coke facility
- Loyalhanna parents denied contact once baby born
- Southmoreland seniors earn spots on All-State Band
- Murrysville drivers will enjoy green all the way on Route 22 as traffic engineers adjust signals
- Hempfield man gets 5 to 10 years in prison for firing at troopers in what lawyer called an ‘anomaly’
- Sentence in fatal DUI crash rings hollow for family of Jeannette woman
- Hempfield man to be jailed 5 days in stalking
- Mt. Pleasant district renews food contract
- Hempfield man gets life in prison for killing girlfriend during fight over spilled noodles
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.