Penn Twp. teen punches dad during fight over candy
A teen accused of stealing and hiding his younger sister's Halloween candy allegedly punched his father repeatedly during a confrontation, police said.
Township police arrested Christopher McGeary, 18, of 501 N. 14th St., following the Nov. 7 incident. McGeary allegedly threatened his father and said, “If you swear at me again, I'll punch your face out,” according to an affidavit of probable cause.
McGeary then began punching his father, causing a nose bleed, a laceration and swelling, according to police. Gregory McGeary, whose age was not available, was treated at an undisclosed hospital, police said.
Christopher McGeary is charged with simple assault and harassment. A preliminary hearing before District Judge Helen Kistler is scheduled for Dec. 11. He is free on $10,000 unsecured bond.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Home of LeNature’s exec up for sale
- Demolition project at Oliver’s Pourhouse in Greensburg moves ahead
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Judge dismisses Latrobe man’s appeal in ’08 strangulation
- Ligonier man’s sentences for slayings upheld
- Ligonier Township residents concerned about hydraulic fracturing amid draft zoning ordinance
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts