No tax hike for Southwest Greensburg
Southwest Greensburg council unveiled a 2013 budget this week that calls for no hike in property taxes or garbage fees, according to the borough secretary.
Council's budget proposes a $681,600 general fund, $185,135 in the garbage account and nearly $49,000 in liquid fuels funding.
Council approved Wednesday the purchase of a 2012 Dodge Charger for $26,526 for the police department.
Borough officials will buy the vehicle from Tri-Star Motors, with specialized police equipment installed by Team Force of Johnstown.
The vehicle will replace a 2006 Ford Crown Victoria, which will be traded in, borough officials said.
Council will hold a meeting 6 p.m. Dec. 5 to discuss a possible residential rental ordinance.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Murrysville man draws on experiences in starting SAT prep academy
- Geyer helps revive Scottdale theater that bears family name
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board suspends in-store tastings
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Fire damages Derry home, leaves family with ‘about nothing’
- Walker: Latrobe gets ready to welcome Steelers back to camp
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- Penn Township sues to get blighted property cleaned
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- Web headline