No tax hike for Southwest Greensburg
Southwest Greensburg council unveiled a 2013 budget this week that calls for no hike in property taxes or garbage fees, according to the borough secretary.
Council's budget proposes a $681,600 general fund, $185,135 in the garbage account and nearly $49,000 in liquid fuels funding.
Council approved Wednesday the purchase of a 2012 Dodge Charger for $26,526 for the police department.
Borough officials will buy the vehicle from Tri-Star Motors, with specialized police equipment installed by Team Force of Johnstown.
The vehicle will replace a 2006 Ford Crown Victoria, which will be traded in, borough officials said.
Council will hold a meeting 6 p.m. Dec. 5 to discuss a possible residential rental ordinance.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sale of former SCI Greensburg prison to advance despite lawmakers’ objections
- Mt. Pleasant Business District Authority picks officers
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Officials plan software upgrade to Westmoreland County emergency dispatching system
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- Westmoreland County Courthouse, annex roofs will be given $665K fix
- Deputy sheriff seeks top spot in Greensburg office
- Ligonier Township planners offer suggested changes to zoning proposal
- Prosecutors want texts back in Pinkney trial
- Unity lawyer to vie for Westmoreland County judgeship