No tax hike for Southwest Greensburg
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Southwest Greensburg council unveiled a 2013 budget this week that calls for no hike in property taxes or garbage fees, according to the borough secretary.
Council's budget proposes a $681,600 general fund, $185,135 in the garbage account and nearly $49,000 in liquid fuels funding.
Council approved Wednesday the purchase of a 2012 Dodge Charger for $26,526 for the police department.
Borough officials will buy the vehicle from Tri-Star Motors, with specialized police equipment installed by Team Force of Johnstown.
The vehicle will replace a 2006 Ford Crown Victoria, which will be traded in, borough officials said.
Council will hold a meeting 6 p.m. Dec. 5 to discuss a possible residential rental ordinance.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Graziani hired away from Latrobe as Penn Township’s manager
- Murrysville woman sues Giant Eagle over burns
- Retired postal worker picks $1M winner
- Hempfield church offers rides to shut-ins for Holy Thursday service
- New Alexandria man charged with assaulting boy in 2009
- Community turns out for Franklin Regional students’ return to class
- Police see no sign Franklin Regional stabbing suspect was bullied
- Bridge work a priority for PennDOT in Westmoreland
- Judge explains why suspect in East Liberty killings was freed
- Former Scottdale minister Stabe honored by Jacobs Creek Faith in Action
- City approves deal to supply Greater Latrobe with school resource officer