No tax hike for Southwest Greensburg
Southwest Greensburg council unveiled a 2013 budget this week that calls for no hike in property taxes or garbage fees, according to the borough secretary.
Council's budget proposes a $681,600 general fund, $185,135 in the garbage account and nearly $49,000 in liquid fuels funding.
Council approved Wednesday the purchase of a 2012 Dodge Charger for $26,526 for the police department.
Borough officials will buy the vehicle from Tri-Star Motors, with specialized police equipment installed by Team Force of Johnstown.
The vehicle will replace a 2006 Ford Crown Victoria, which will be traded in, borough officials said.
Council will hold a meeting 6 p.m. Dec. 5 to discuss a possible residential rental ordinance.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Former Mich. lawmaker uses D.C. trip to lobby for veterans health care
- Greensburg mayor race features write-in hopeful vs. businessman
- Soccer league seeks access to borough’s field at Willows Park
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say
- Woman testifies about alleged sex assault in Arnold
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- Medical center ‘monstrosity’ near end in Jeannette
- Ligonier council approves design changes to Diamond
- Youngwood council delays vote on rental property inspections
- Fickle weather gives pumpkin growers in Pennsylvania fits