Discount food sale benefits Bullskin firemen
The Bullskin Township Volunteer Fire Department will host a discount food sale starting at 9 a.m. Saturday at the Wooddale station. There will be meats, cheeses and other food items at discounted prices. All sales are cash only. Partial proceeds from the sales will go to the fire department.
The Geyer Performing Arts Center said auditions for its February musical, “Disney's My Son Pinocchio,” will be held Dec. 9 from 2 to 4 p.m. and Dec. 10 from 6 to 8 p.m. Auditioners should come prepared to sing, from memory, 32 measures of a contemporary musical theater piece. Please bring sheet music in the correct key; no a cappella auditions, please. There will be a movement component to every audition and some auditioners will be asked to do a cold reading from the script. Rehearsals will begin in January, with a read through and cast list posted before Christmas. A large age-appropriate, multi-talented cast is being sought. Children of all ages are especially encouraged to audition. The show is Feb. 7-10.
The Friends of the Mt. Pleasant Library are sponsoring a puppet show at the library at 1:30 p.m. Dec. 12. The puppets are performed by Judy Parker of Main Street Music. The puppets are all handmade and it will be a great show for all. For information call the library at 724-547-3850.
Pet photos with Santa will be taken Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Saturday Muddy Paws on Main Street. Proceeds will go to the Animal Keepers Rescue.
Donation canisters for the Mt. Pleasant nativity scene are now located in many different locations throughout the borough.
There will be a blood drive from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday at Amber House. The drive will be held on the fifth floor of the facility.
There are almost 30 gingerbread houses scattered in businesses throughout the town and you still have plenty of time to visit them and possibly purchase one.
The library is in the process of selling tickets to win a Keurig coffee maker. Chances are available at the library and the winner will be selected on Dec. 15
The monthly food pantry will be held from 9 to 10:30 a.m. the last Tuesday of every month at the Mt. Pleasant Church of God. There is also a clothes pantry open at that time and all items are free of charge.
If you are a resident of the Mt. Pleasant Township, your monthly recycling date will be the first Thursday of a full week of each month. If you do not have a container from your recycling company, use any container that you have but please mark it as recyclable.
Marilyn Forbes is a resident of Mt. Pleasant.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greensburg man sentenced for heroin sales
- Penn Township teen allegedly drunk at time of police chase, crash
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Friends of Homeless Felines marks 10 years in Scottdale
- Contract with prison counselors ratified
- Yarn brigade envelops South Greensburg
- Future stars welcome at Stage Right! camp in Greensburg
- More charges filed against Derry Township man who allegedly held woman at knifepoint
- Ethics panel: It’s OK for Westmoreland commissioner to do business with municipalities
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Penn Township man seeking gun permit accused of bringing heroin to courthouse