Derry Township woman's loss in cruise scam probed
State police are investigating an Arizona company that allegedly failed to return a Derry Township woman's payment for a cruise.
Deaf World Cruise of Scottsdale, Ariz., allegedly received the woman's $1,669.98 payment and "closed" without refunding the amount, according to police who believe it was a scam.
A phone call to a number listed on the company's website was not answered.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- Northampton man has four major drug arrests in Western Pa. since 2009
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Mt. Pleasant alumni lead campaign to buy handicapped-accessible van for former classmate
- Chemical mix sickens two from South Greensburg
- Latrobe law firm’s secretary pleads guilty to income tax evasion
- Dog-training program gives prison inmates chance to give back
- Trio holds up Penn couple at gunpoint in home
- Man admits preying on Lower Burrell neighbor, taking more than $100K in money, goods
- Franklin Regional security guard fighting to get job back