Derry Township woman's loss in cruise scam probed
State police are investigating an Arizona company that allegedly failed to return a Derry Township woman's payment for a cruise.
Deaf World Cruise of Scottsdale, Ariz., allegedly received the woman's $1,669.98 payment and "closed" without refunding the amount, according to police who believe it was a scam.
A phone call to a number listed on the company's website was not answered.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Spirit Airlines puts Chicago on its flight path
- Unity planners OK proposal for Route 30 retail development
- Harsh February leaves Westmoreland communities short on road salt
- Westmoreland historical society holding antiques appraisal
- North Huntingdon man accused of road rage altercation in Westmoreland
- Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum to kick off Speaker Series with stories of Jeannette
- Hempfield man to plead guilty to posing as policeman
- West Newton ponders adding to emergency call list
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- Charleroi woman charged in home invasion pleads, is released