Vigil set in Scottdale for school shooting victims
Published: Thursday, December 20, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, December 20, 2012
A candlelight vigil for the victims of the Sandy Hook School shooting in Connecticut will be held at 7:30 p.m. today at the Frank Kapr Family Garden in Scottdale.
“The nation is grieving over the loss of these innocent children and teachers,” said Frank Kapr, funeral director. “We recognized that people need a chance to process this senseless act. So, when (organizer) Cindy Hogan called and said she was looking for a location to hold a candlelight vigil, we were happy to offer our facilities.”
The event is open to the public and will include motivational speakers, music, local clergy and coffee provided by Carson's Tavern. For more information, call 724-887-6110.
- Mt. Pleasant district has superintendent candidate
- 27 witnesses to testify in Greensburg heroin trafficking case
- Police: Mt. Pleasant beating victim, son forged prescriptions
- New Alexandria woman charged with carrying 96 bags of heroin
- Westmoreland County Prison nears its capacity
- Pa. Supreme Court: Judges still have to retire at 70
- Jeannette increases building inspections to crack down on absentee landlords
- Century-old Ruffsdale distillery warehouse to be sold piece by piece
- Genetics pioneer opens science pavilion at St. Vincent College
- Delmont tackles smell, sewage debt problems from faulty pumps
- Westmoreland municipal authority signs $100K deal with IUP for water quality inspections
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.