Golf carts stolen from Rolling Fields
Published: Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Police are seeking information on the theft twice this month of golf carts from a Murrysville golf club.
Owners of Rolling Fields Golf Course reported two golf carts were stolen sometime between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, making it the second golf cart theft of the month. A cart was also stolen Dec. 7.
Murrysville police are investigating, but a report was not available Wednesday.
Course operators believe the same people are responsible for both thefts.
In the first theft, surveillance video shows a man walking up a road, then pushing a golf cart. A short time later, a pickup truck passes, which authorities believe was used to haul the carts.
The thieves cut a chain that was blocking off an entrance to the property.
Each cart is worth about $2,500. The golf club is at 4138 Hankey Church Road.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone police at 724-327-2111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greensburg man remains hospitalized after crash
- County takes lead on Monsour demolition
- Ex-employees to split $9,176 in pension mess
- Workers injured at Unity Township facility for youths
- Fire displaces families in Irwin
- Goats may be answer for overgrown sign outside Murrysville
- Westmoreland Manor manager gets 3-month extension
- Probation officer testifies client’s calls scared her
- New Stanton plots light-up night for next year
- Hempfield attempts zoning revisions
- Grant to fund sewer system at Westinghouse site