Golf carts stolen from Rolling Fields
Police are seeking information on the theft twice this month of golf carts from a Murrysville golf club.
Owners of Rolling Fields Golf Course reported two golf carts were stolen sometime between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, making it the second golf cart theft of the month. A cart was also stolen Dec. 7.
Murrysville police are investigating, but a report was not available Wednesday.
Course operators believe the same people are responsible for both thefts.
In the first theft, surveillance video shows a man walking up a road, then pushing a golf cart. A short time later, a pickup truck passes, which authorities believe was used to haul the carts.
The thieves cut a chain that was blocking off an entrance to the property.
Each cart is worth about $2,500. The golf club is at 4138 Hankey Church Road.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone police at 724-327-2111.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Norwin band director is finding lots of success in return to his alma mater
- Project to tear down former Jeannette District Memorial Hospital on schedule, Excela says
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- 11 Westmoreland inmates accused of setting fire put in solitary confinement
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Youngwood fire department reaches out to homeless family
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Mt. Pleasant man charged with unlawful restraint
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts