Golf carts stolen from Rolling Fields
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Police are seeking information on the theft twice this month of golf carts from a Murrysville golf club.
Owners of Rolling Fields Golf Course reported two golf carts were stolen sometime between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, making it the second golf cart theft of the month. A cart was also stolen Dec. 7.
Murrysville police are investigating, but a report was not available Wednesday.
Course operators believe the same people are responsible for both thefts.
In the first theft, surveillance video shows a man walking up a road, then pushing a golf cart. A short time later, a pickup truck passes, which authorities believe was used to haul the carts.
The thieves cut a chain that was blocking off an entrance to the property.
Each cart is worth about $2,500. The golf club is at 4138 Hankey Church Road.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone police at 724-327-2111.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Murrysville woman sues Giant Eagle over burns
- Hempfield church offers rides to shut-ins for Holy Thursday service
- Judge explains why suspect in East Liberty killings was freed
- Graziani hired away from Latrobe as Penn Township’s manager
- Bridge work a priority for PennDOT in Westmoreland
- New Alexandria man charged with assaulting boy in 2009
- Police see no sign Franklin Regional stabbing suspect was bullied
- Retired postal worker picks $1M winner
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Community turns out for Franklin Regional students’ return to class
- Response to Franklin Regional stabbings earns official top public safety spot