TribLIVE

| News


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Official: Salem house fire started in flower pot

About The Tribune-Review
The Tribune-Review can be reached via e-mail or at 412-321-6460.
Contact Us | Video | Photo Reprints

By The Tribune-Review

Published: Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012, 12:01 a.m.

A smoldering cigarette left in a plastic flower pot is being blamed for a Dec. 2 fire that caused $200,000 in damage to a Salem home, a state police fire investigator reported Wednesday.

The fire that ruined the home of Robert D. Buskey, 50, of Slickville, started in a plastic potted plant located on the rear deck of the house along Route 819, Trooper Jacob Andolina, a state police fire marshal, said. The fire was reported at 1 p.m. Dec. 2.

While at the fire, Forbes Road fire Chief David Rosatti suffered a heart attack. Rosatti was transported to Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital in Greensburg, where he survived after receiving a stent to clear a blocked artery, according to his cardiologist, Dr. Juan Chahin.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Westmoreland

  1. Psychic to murder victim’s family: “You will get closure”
  2. 2 field hockey players sue Seton Hill, coaches, claiming abuse
  3. Derry Township child porn suspect now accused of rape, child endangerment
  4. Westmoreland County officials push for more 911 funding
  5. WCCC hires Missouri community college official as next president
  6. Lieutenant governor boosts his boss at Greensburg dinner
  7. Kids Stitch making blankets for children in need
  8. Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
  9. Youngwood woman charged with selling heroin in Greensburg hospital
  10. Latrobe couple charged with shoving guard, stealing from Wal-Mart
  11. Failed inspection could make Jeannette flood-control project more costly
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.