Man held in pair of Westmoreland robberies
A suspect in two robberies was being held in the Westmoreland County jail.
About 8 p.m. Sunday, a man wearing a mask and brandishing a butcher knife entered the Subway restaurant on Route 981 in Unity, according to a news release by state police at Greensburg.
He demanded the cash register be opened and grabbed the money before fleeing on foot, according to police.
The man was arrested Monday in connection with a second robbery, but no charges have been filed in either case, and no details have been released about the second incident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- At 87, Rostraver man still entertaining polka fans
- 1 injured in Mt. Pleasant Twp. accident
- Machine operator avoids serious injuries in accident in North Huntingdon
- Expansion in works for Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum
- Latrobe school directors won’t forgive bill for WCCC land
- Harhai campaign emails from 2007 under review, Westmoreland County DA says
- Judge: Former Latrobe man can proceed with civil rights action
- 40-year-old Latrobe woman used boy, 13, for sex, drugs, police say
- Police investigate Hempfield fight
- New York fuel cell company to add another plant in Mt. Pleasant Township
- Latrobe Municipal Authority to replace solicitor