Man held in pair of Westmoreland robberies
A suspect in two robberies was being held in the Westmoreland County jail.
About 8 p.m. Sunday, a man wearing a mask and brandishing a butcher knife entered the Subway restaurant on Route 981 in Unity, according to a news release by state police at Greensburg.
He demanded the cash register be opened and grabbed the money before fleeing on foot, according to police.
The man was arrested Monday in connection with a second robbery, but no charges have been filed in either case, and no details have been released about the second incident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Woman testifies about alleged sex assault in Arnold
- Soccer league seeks access to borough’s field at Willows Park
- Ligonier council approves design changes to Diamond
- Youngwood council delays vote on rental property inspections
- Former Mich. lawmaker uses D.C. trip to lobby for better veterans health care
- Mt. Pleasant Township Lions Club to host all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast
- Foxley Farm owners claim unfair treatment by Ligonier Township
- Medical center ‘monstrosity’ near end in Jeannette
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash