Cause of Mt. Pleasant Township fire ruled undetermined
State police continue to investigate a fire in Mt. Pleasant Township as a fire marshal has ruled the cause undetermined because of extensive damage to the home.
The blaze at 632 Lake Lane caused an estimated $95,000 in damage, according to a news release from state police at Greensburg.
No one was hurt in the fire, which occurred about 7 a.m. Dec. 21, police said.
The American Red Cross was contacted to assist the homeowner, Beverly Baker, who lived there alone.
Anyone with information regarding the fire is asked to contact state police at 724-832-3288.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- WCCC plans 25% tuition increase for 2015-16
- Westmoreland judge offers Court in the Classroom
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township
- Westmoreland drug task force plans fundraising efforts
- Loyalhanna mother appeals conviction in beating of 3-month-old daughter
- WCCC delays new building opening until fall
- Geneva College student died of heart-related natural causes, coroner says
- Seder in Greensburg looks beyond Jewish community
- Police searching for man who pulled over high school student in Export