Man found dead in Torrance
State police at Greensburg were in the process this evening of obtaining search warrants before going into the residence, Bacha said.
Authorities are investigating what appears to be the suspicious death of a man Saturday inside a mobile home in the village of Torrance in Derry Township, according to Westmoreland County Coroner Kenneth Bacha.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Food drive volunteer in Westmoreland County has purse stolen
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Students learn risks of digital lives at middle school presentation in Hempfield