Kiski Area student killed in sledding accident
A Kiski Area High School junior died on Friday after being involved in a sledding accident.
Jenna Prusia, 16, of Meadowview Drive, Washington Township, died of head injuries shortly after 6:30 p.m., according to the Allegheny County medical examiner.
Prusia was sled riding on private property along McCreary Road with her sister when they struck a tree about 4:30 p.m., authorities said.
She was taken by medical helicopter to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, where she died, according to the medical examiner's office.
Prusia was a member of the Kiski Area High School volleyball team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Murrysville woman apologizes for scholarship fund theft
- Donors’ generosity allows Clairview School girls to get fancy for prom
- Police seek public help with East Huntingdon store thefts
- Jeannette’s Monsour Medical Center demolition costs might go down
- Jeannette police say 5 people caught trespassing on grounds
- 2 Democrats battle for Hempfield nomination for supervisor
- 4 Democrats seek 3 nods for Latrobe council
- Seton Hill student tells how Pa. Gov. Wolf’s tax plan will hurt her
- Greensburg YMCA begins long-awaited porch renovation job