Kiski Area student killed in sledding accident
A Kiski Area High School junior died on Friday after being involved in a sledding accident.
Jenna Prusia, 16, of Meadowview Drive, Washington Township, died of head injuries shortly after 6:30 p.m., according to the Allegheny County medical examiner.
Prusia was sled riding on private property along McCreary Road with her sister when they struck a tree about 4:30 p.m., authorities said.
She was taken by medical helicopter to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, where she died, according to the medical examiner's office.
Prusia was a member of the Kiski Area High School volleyball team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Forbes: Dinner to benefit ‘Shop with a Cop’ program
- Convenience store in Donegal Township scammed of $250
- Injuries reported in accident in Mt. Pleasant Township