Kiski Area student killed in sledding accident
Published: Sunday, December 30, 2012, 10:56 a.m.
Updated: Sunday, December 30, 2012
A Kiski Area High School junior died on Friday after being involved in a sledding accident.
Jenna Prusia, 16, of Meadowview Drive, Washington Township, died of head injuries shortly after 6:30 p.m., according to the Allegheny County medical examiner.
Prusia was sled riding on private property along McCreary Road with her sister when they struck a tree about 4:30 p.m., authorities said.
She was taken by medical helicopter to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, where she died, according to the medical examiner's office.
Prusia was a member of the Kiski Area High School volleyball team.
- Suspect surrenders in Penn Township foundry evacuation
- Mayor’s defeat may spell end of ‘Monessen Rising’
- 3-day waiver allows military couple to finally be married
- Murrysville contractor accused in $10,000 theft
- County schools among nation’s best
- Thunderstorm knocks out power
- Bilik DeFazio leads race for Westmoreland County judge on both ballots
- DeFazio’s win imperiled by lawsuit
- Four appear to lock up positions on Norwin School Board
- Nurse to run in honor of crash victim
- Jeannette mayor isn’t taking loss as mandate
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
We need to ban sleds.