Kiski Area student killed in sledding accident
A Kiski Area High School junior died on Friday after being involved in a sledding accident.
Jenna Prusia, 16, of Meadowview Drive, Washington Township, died of head injuries shortly after 6:30 p.m., according to the Allegheny County medical examiner.
Prusia was sled riding on private property along McCreary Road with her sister when they struck a tree about 4:30 p.m., authorities said.
She was taken by medical helicopter to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, where she died, according to the medical examiner's office.
Prusia was a member of the Kiski Area High School volleyball team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say
- East Deer man chastised by Westmoreland judge, paroled, released
- Officials criticize West Newton code enforcement officer
- Greensburg mayor race features write-in hopeful vs. businessman
- Fickle weather gives pumpkin growers in Pennsylvania fits
- Hempfield woman bounces back from serious car crash
- Fire damages home in Greensburg
- Man pleads guilty to assaulting girl, 14, in Westmoreland
- Unity day care operator loses appeal of sentence
- Woman foils robbery attempt in Pleasant Unity
- Westmoreland subsidy that helps finance Spirit Airlines draws scrutiny