Kiski Area student killed in sledding accident
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012, 10:56 a.m.
A Kiski Area High School junior died on Friday after being involved in a sledding accident.
Jenna Prusia, 16, of Meadowview Drive, Washington Township, died of head injuries shortly after 6:30 p.m., according to the Allegheny County medical examiner.
Prusia was sled riding on private property along McCreary Road with her sister when they struck a tree about 4:30 p.m., authorities said.
She was taken by medical helicopter to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, where she died, according to the medical examiner's office.
Prusia was a member of the Kiski Area High School volleyball team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Retired postal worker picks $1M winner
- Police see no sign Franklin Regional stabbing suspect was bullied
- New Alexandria man charged with assaulting boy in 2009
- Former Scottdale minister Stabe honored by Jacobs Creek Faith in Action
- Community turns out for Franklin Regional students’ return to class
- Response to Franklin Regional stabbings earns official top public safety spot
- Judge rules Delmont man was not aggressor in assault outside Wal-Mart
- Hempfield Area superintendent, business manager quit
- Derry Borough councilwoman pleads guilty in missing-money case
- Franklin Regional parent had bullying concerns before knife rampage
- Students visit Franklin Regional days after mass stabbing