Kiski Area student killed in sledding accident
A Kiski Area High School junior died on Friday after being involved in a sledding accident.
Jenna Prusia, 16, of Meadowview Drive, Washington Township, died of head injuries shortly after 6:30 p.m., according to the Allegheny County medical examiner.
Prusia was sled riding on private property along McCreary Road with her sister when they struck a tree about 4:30 p.m., authorities said.
She was taken by medical helicopter to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, where she died, according to the medical examiner's office.
Prusia was a member of the Kiski Area High School volleyball team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Hempfield leaders kill zoning request for townhomes
- Home of LeNature’s exec up for sale
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts
- 11 Westmoreland inmates accused of setting fire put in solitary confinement
- Unity name excised from Latrobe parks, recreation
- Mt. Pleasant man charged with unlawful restraint