Kiski Area student killed in sledding accident
A Kiski Area High School junior died on Friday after being involved in a sledding accident.
Jenna Prusia, 16, of Meadowview Drive, Washington Township, died of head injuries shortly after 6:30 p.m., according to the Allegheny County medical examiner.
Prusia was sled riding on private property along McCreary Road with her sister when they struck a tree about 4:30 p.m., authorities said.
She was taken by medical helicopter to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, where she died, according to the medical examiner's office.
Prusia was a member of the Kiski Area High School volleyball team.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Krieger to seek Westmoreland County Common Pleas judgeship
- Rustic Ridge Mine permit request criticized
- WCCC officials vow to erase $2.2M deficit
- Walker: Still time to recycle live Christmas trees in Scottdale
- New Derry woman charged after mail delivery of 4 pounds of marijuana
- Derry Township auto shop owner finds theft suspect hiding inside
- Salem man, in lockup in Greensburg shooting, charged with threatening to kill prison guard
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Ligonier Township residents voice concern to supervisors about new zoning ordinance
- Electricity deal eyed for Latrobe