Greensburg woman dies of apparent heroin overdose
A 35-year-old Greensburg woman died Thursday from an apparent heroin overdose, city police said.
Jennifer Boske of 727 Eastmont Drive, Apt. 3B, was pronounced dead at 6:07 p.m. by Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Tim O'Donnell.
Investigators determined through friends that Boske used heroin that day, police Chief Walter “Wally” Lyons said Friday.
Detectives found a pink cosmetic bag containing hypodermic syringes in her bedroom and a plastic bag that once contained heroin in an ashtray in the living room, Lyons said.
Boske's boyfriend, Bryan Agosti, and friend Dan Elder were in the apartment the day of Boske's death. Elder left about 9 a.m. and discovered Boske's body when he returned, authorities said.
Agosti stayed and fell asleep, police said.
An autopsy was scheduled for Friday.
Officials expected to make an official determination on the manner and cause of death after toxicology tests are completed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police seek public help with East Huntingdon store thefts
- Hempfield bicyclist who brought rock, knives into court office charged
- Seton Hill student tells how Pa. Gov. Wolf’s tax plan will hurt her
- 2 charged with copper theft from Greensburg house
- Westmoreland County hopes to fill 3 departments head positions soon
- Jeannette’s Monsour Medical Center demolition costs might go down
- Coming off hill revives Seton Hill University, downtown Greensburg