Greensburg woman dies of apparent heroin overdose
A 35-year-old Greensburg woman died Thursday from an apparent heroin overdose, city police said.
Jennifer Boske of 727 Eastmont Drive, Apt. 3B, was pronounced dead at 6:07 p.m. by Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Tim O'Donnell.
Investigators determined through friends that Boske used heroin that day, police Chief Walter “Wally” Lyons said Friday.
Detectives found a pink cosmetic bag containing hypodermic syringes in her bedroom and a plastic bag that once contained heroin in an ashtray in the living room, Lyons said.
Boske's boyfriend, Bryan Agosti, and friend Dan Elder were in the apartment the day of Boske's death. Elder left about 9 a.m. and discovered Boske's body when he returned, authorities said.
Agosti stayed and fell asleep, police said.
An autopsy was scheduled for Friday.
Officials expected to make an official determination on the manner and cause of death after toxicology tests are completed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- State grant to aid Excela plans for orthopedic center in Hempfield
- Penn Township sues to get blighted property cleaned
- Westmoreland County gets the word out about drug problem
- Blaze ravages South Huntingdon home
- Unity zoning board OKs cellphone tower project
- St. Pius to host church festival on Sunday
- Mt. Pleasant customers to see sewage bills increase
- Mt. Pleasant Relay for Life participants unfazed by rain
- Entrapment, injury reported in Derry Township accident
- Jeannette resident, 83, no longer teaches dance, still shows how it’s done