Greensburg woman dies of apparent heroin overdose
A 35-year-old Greensburg woman died Thursday from an apparent heroin overdose, city police said.
Jennifer Boske of 727 Eastmont Drive, Apt. 3B, was pronounced dead at 6:07 p.m. by Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Tim O'Donnell.
Investigators determined through friends that Boske used heroin that day, police Chief Walter “Wally” Lyons said Friday.
Detectives found a pink cosmetic bag containing hypodermic syringes in her bedroom and a plastic bag that once contained heroin in an ashtray in the living room, Lyons said.
Boske's boyfriend, Bryan Agosti, and friend Dan Elder were in the apartment the day of Boske's death. Elder left about 9 a.m. and discovered Boske's body when he returned, authorities said.
Agosti stayed and fell asleep, police said.
An autopsy was scheduled for Friday.
Officials expected to make an official determination on the manner and cause of death after toxicology tests are completed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Greensburg police captain to attend highly selective academy
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- West Newton will consider temporary road after train accident cut off neighborhood
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Tentative Sewickley Twp. budget holds line on taxes