Greensburg woman dies of apparent heroin overdose
A 35-year-old Greensburg woman died Thursday from an apparent heroin overdose, city police said.
Jennifer Boske of 727 Eastmont Drive, Apt. 3B, was pronounced dead at 6:07 p.m. by Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Tim O'Donnell.
Investigators determined through friends that Boske used heroin that day, police Chief Walter “Wally” Lyons said Friday.
Detectives found a pink cosmetic bag containing hypodermic syringes in her bedroom and a plastic bag that once contained heroin in an ashtray in the living room, Lyons said.
Boske's boyfriend, Bryan Agosti, and friend Dan Elder were in the apartment the day of Boske's death. Elder left about 9 a.m. and discovered Boske's body when he returned, authorities said.
Agosti stayed and fell asleep, police said.
An autopsy was scheduled for Friday.
Officials expected to make an official determination on the manner and cause of death after toxicology tests are completed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Newton man found dead in helicopter wreckage near Rostraver Airport
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Police: Westmoreland woman forged painkiller prescriptions
- Westmoreland historical society honors efforts by Scaife, Fagan, Norwin group
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Search for pilot of ultralight aircraft to resume Thursday
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Groups sponsor candidates forum in Monessen
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Scottdale’s Friends of the Library will meet tonight
- Bolivar couple charged with endangerment; baby nearly drowned, police say