Greensburg woman dies of apparent heroin overdose
A 35-year-old Greensburg woman died Thursday from an apparent heroin overdose, city police said.
Jennifer Boske of 727 Eastmont Drive, Apt. 3B, was pronounced dead at 6:07 p.m. by Westmoreland County Deputy Coroner Tim O'Donnell.
Investigators determined through friends that Boske used heroin that day, police Chief Walter “Wally” Lyons said Friday.
Detectives found a pink cosmetic bag containing hypodermic syringes in her bedroom and a plastic bag that once contained heroin in an ashtray in the living room, Lyons said.
Boske's boyfriend, Bryan Agosti, and friend Dan Elder were in the apartment the day of Boske's death. Elder left about 9 a.m. and discovered Boske's body when he returned, authorities said.
Agosti stayed and fell asleep, police said.
An autopsy was scheduled for Friday.
Officials expected to make an official determination on the manner and cause of death after toxicology tests are completed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Builder finds calling as chaplain at Westmoreland jail
- WCCC revises purchasing policy
- Water service restored in Derry after leaks
- Scholarship fund at St. Vincent to honor Kennametal exec
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- Westmoreland, Fayette towns prepare to ring in holidays
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- 20 charged in Western Pennsylvania drug crackdown
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals
- Taxes on old Eagles building in Scottdale forgiven