Scottdale Community Pool holding winter classes
Winter classes are in progress at the Scottdale Community Pool, 115 Pioneer Way. For information on what classes are offered, when is open swim time and how much it is to rent the pool for a party, call 724-887-0667 or email at email@example.com.
Scottdale Business and Professional Women's Club will meet at Miss Martha's Tea Room on Thursday (tonight). If you are attending, call club president Angie Marhefka and let her know. If you are interested in becoming a member, call vice president Karen Kiefer at 724-887-1005 and be a guest at the initial meeting you attend.
Members of the Everson Volunteer Fire Department will sell hoagies on Pittsburgh Street in Scottdale this weekend. Please help support our firemen.
On Sunday, a free luncheon will be held from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. in St. John the Baptist's social hall, Scottdale. Those planning to attend should call 724-887-9550.
Everson council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the borough building, 232 Brown St. The public is always welcome to attend.
A belated thank you to my guardian angel who shoveled my walk the morning of the big snow on Dec. 29. I am blessed.
Scottdale thanks you, the Rev. Ray Beal, for donating the organ made in Scottdale by the Scottdale Organ Co. to the Scottdale Area Historical Society. Such a precious gift to have on site at the Loucks Homestead, 527 N. Chestnut St.!
It's time to see who will received the Tottie Awards at 7 p.m. Jan. 19 at the Geyer Performing Arts Center, 111 Pittsburgh St., Scottdale. For more information, call 724-887-0887 or visit at www.geyerpac.com.
If you can't make it to Seven Springs, the winter sports area at Twin Lakes Park near Greensburg is open. There are three unique sledding and tubing runs ranging from beginner to advanced. A gazebo and fire ring are available for keeping warm and making s'mores. For more information, call Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation at 724-830-3950 or visit at www.co.westmoreland.pa.us/parks.
I have a new word for you. It is vuvuzela, which is a long horn blown by fans at soccer matches.
Faith in Action does home checks. Volunteers will come in and go over their checklists to help make your home safer and can give you items to help you out if you are 60 years old or older and living independently. For more information, call director Melaney Hegyes at 724-542-4117,
Martin Luther King Jr. Day will be observed on Jan. 21. A lot of offices will be closed. Please check before your journey. King had a dream, and I hope your dreams can be fulfilled. Perhaps we can reach out to someone we had done something to in the past. It will give you a good feeling.
Readers, have a great week.
Patricia Walker is a Scottdale resident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Greensburg torture killer seeks reduction in sentence
- Razing of Monsour Medical Center in Jeannette within reach with $1M grant
- Herminie woman, 18, dies after car accident in Turkeytown
- Fund set up for 4-year-old Meyersdale girl’s final expenses
- Hribal’s attorney seeks to push back trial
- Westmoreland County Historical Society honors late Tribune-Review publisher Scaife, Fort Ligonier trustee emeritus Fagan
- Westmoreland County to auction guns, vehicles
- Fire marshal rules Derry mobile home fire was accidental
- Laurel Art Club to meet at Scottdale library
- Trust for Hempfield cemetery low on cash; bank asks to be absolved of responsibility