Westmoreland baby's death under investigation
The death of a 2-month-old boy Monday morning does not appear to be suspicious, but state police are awaiting further tests to finalize their investigation.
The Westmoreland County Coroner's Office said the boy died at 10:39 a.m. at Excela Health Frick Hospital in Mt. Pleasant, about an hour after emergency workers were called to a home on Trouttown Road in Hempfield.
An autopsy was conducted Monday afternoon, but a ruling on the cause and manner of death is awaiting further testing. Those tests likely will not be available for eight to 10 weeks, according to the coroner's office.
State police spokesman Trooper Steve Limani said troopers are investigating the death, but that inquiry is pending the autopsy results.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Youngwood Council to pick solicitor from ‘good mix’
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Delmont must address access road for gas station
- Butler blasting worker in North Huntingdon water main break put on probation
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Greensburg man pleads guilty to lesser charges in altercation
- Mt. Pleasant library plans ‘Walk in the Park’
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Attorney seeks dismissal of charge in Salem wreck that killed mother, unborn child
- Ex-clerk convicted of stealing more than $116K from WCCC avoids jail
- Somerset County man arrested after loaded gun found at Baltimore airport