Westmoreland baby's death under investigation
The death of a 2-month-old boy Monday morning does not appear to be suspicious, but state police are awaiting further tests to finalize their investigation.
The Westmoreland County Coroner's Office said the boy died at 10:39 a.m. at Excela Health Frick Hospital in Mt. Pleasant, about an hour after emergency workers were called to a home on Trouttown Road in Hempfield.
An autopsy was conducted Monday afternoon, but a ruling on the cause and manner of death is awaiting further testing. Those tests likely will not be available for eight to 10 weeks, according to the coroner's office.
State police spokesman Trooper Steve Limani said troopers are investigating the death, but that inquiry is pending the autopsy results.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Youthful actors bring Disney classic ‘Tarzan’ to life at Geyer in Scottdale
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’
- State Supreme Court rejects latest Foxley Farm appeal in Ligonier Township dispute
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Unity to decide July 9 on disputed gas station
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Group takes veterans, seniors in WWII-era planes at Unity airport