North Huntingdon board weighs plan for restaurant, store in business park
By Rossilynne Skena
Published: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Monday, January 14, 2013
North Huntingdon's zoning hearing board will consider a request for a restaurant and store at Banco Business Park in the township's Hahntown section.
Fede Pasta, in the business park along Main Street, makes pasta and sells it wholesale to restaurants. It offers cooking classes, which teach customers how to make pastas and sauces.
Steve Salvi, owner of Fede Pasta, told the board on Tuesday that he wants to expand his retail operation to customers. He said he'd like to offer lunches Monday through Friday and possibly Saturday.
The restaurant would offer handmade pastas, Salvi said. Plans for the restaurant include 20 to 30 seats. The expansion may include a glass wall through which people can see their pasta being created, from machine to box.
Salvi has been in business about eight years, three of those at Banco Business Park and the previous five in the basement of his North Huntingdon home.
Fede Pasta occupies a 2,500-square-foot section of the business park, and Salvi would like an additional 1,500 across the hall.
The five-member zoning hearing board voted unanimously to table the proposal.
Rossilynne Skena is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-836-6646 .
- Suspect surrenders in Penn Township foundry evacuation
- Former Jeannette hospital attracts Calif. buyer
- Hearings set for Irwin woman in alleged stalking
- Fireworks to honor Greensburg Community Days organizer Koval
- Westmoreland County transit union unhappy in talks
- $2.5K reward offered for help in Monessen pharmacy robbery
- 3-mill tax hike tentatively OK’d for Derry Area School District
- Mt. Pleasant to dedicate new digital wall honoring veterans
- Tentative Greensburg Salem budget hires 17, hikes tax
- Agriculture secretary stresses licensing of dogs during Hempfield visit
- Four Greensburg Salem candidates get both parties' backing
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.