Four teens face drug charges in Salem
By Stacey Federoff
Published: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Four teenagers are facing charges because police say they found drugs and a handgun during a traffic stop in Salem.
State police at Kiski Valley stopped a car about 9 p.m. Monday near the routes 22 and 819, according to a news release.
Misty Parfitt, 19, of Clymer in Indiana County, was driving the car and accompanied by Allen Coker III, 18, John Baptiste, 19, and Derek Lamar Coker Jr., 19, all of Pittsburgh, police said.
A .380-caliber Ruger handgun, 203 stamp bags of heroin, about 5 grams of marijuana and $576 were seized from the vehicle, according to the release.
All are charged with possession with intent to deliver, carrying a firearm without a license and three counts of drug possession.
Baptiste, Parfitt and Derek Coker are charged with carrying a firearm with an altered serial number.
Allen Coker is charged with providing false identification to a police officer.
He and Baptiste are charged with conspiracy, and Derek Coker and Parfitt are charged with conspiracy possession with intent to deliver.
All four were arraigned before Washington Township District Justice Jason Buczak.
None was able to post bond, and all remain in custody in the Westmoreland County jail awaiting a preliminary hearing Jan. 14 before Buczak.
- Smoking in school costs man more than a fine
- Bank sues to stop $235,000 payment
- Historical societies to honor veterans by marking grave sites in Hempfield
- Greensburg man gets probation for spitting on officer
- Former Jeannette hospital attracts Calif. buyer
- MEMORIAL DAY EVENTS
- Zoning change of Herminie parcels causes controversy
- McKeesport man gets jail term for heroin sale
- Fireworks to honor Greensburg Community Days organizer Koval
- 11 jurors in Knight death sentence hearing confident they took oath
- Suspect surrenders in Penn Township foundry evacuation
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.