Southmoreland business manager resigns
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
The Southmoreland School Board has accepted the resignation of the district's business manager.
Bill Salem had been in the position for about 18 months, replacing long-time business manager Bill Porter, who had retired.
The board voted 7-2 to accept Salem's resignation. Directors Catherine Fike and Ken Alt voted against the motion.
“This is a tragedy,” Fike said, adding that she was one of three directors who voted against Salem's hiring. “We have no choice but to accept this resignation, but it is truly sad that no one would pay attention. ...This is a tragedy, and we should be ashamed of what happened here.”
The board will seek an interim business manager with help from the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials, then begin the search for a permanent hire. Susan Dye, current secretary to the business manager, will be appointed treasurer until a new manager is hired.
Superintendent John Molnar said he would like to see the position filled “as soon as we get a qualified individual.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- North Versailles, Murrysville families still waiting for report on 2011 chopper crash that killed couple
- Blaze damages Derry Twp. garage, apartment
- ‘We Are FR’ fund going strong
- Graziani hired away from Latrobe as Penn Township’s manager
- Scottdale to reconsider use of complaint forms
- Police say Latrobe woman bought gun for boyfriend, who shot neighbor
- St. Vincent student killed in ‘unfortunate accident’ in Erie
- Retired postal worker picks $1M winner
- City approves deal to supply Greater Latrobe with school resource officer
- Hempfield Area superintendent, business manager quit
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought