Southmoreland business manager resigns
The Southmoreland School Board has accepted the resignation of the district's business manager.
Bill Salem had been in the position for about 18 months, replacing long-time business manager Bill Porter, who had retired.
The board voted 7-2 to accept Salem's resignation. Directors Catherine Fike and Ken Alt voted against the motion.
“This is a tragedy,” Fike said, adding that she was one of three directors who voted against Salem's hiring. “We have no choice but to accept this resignation, but it is truly sad that no one would pay attention. ...This is a tragedy, and we should be ashamed of what happened here.”
The board will seek an interim business manager with help from the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials, then begin the search for a permanent hire. Susan Dye, current secretary to the business manager, will be appointed treasurer until a new manager is hired.
Superintendent John Molnar said he would like to see the position filled “as soon as we get a qualified individual.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun
- Inmate charged with smuggling drugs into prison
- Police: Woman faked Mt. Pleasant robbery
- Hempfield officials to review site plan for Excela Health Orthoplex
- Latrobe parks and recreation director to retire
- Two charged with drug possession
- Greensburg torture slaying participant Marinucci makes second appeal of sentence as unconstitutional
- Ligonier man accused of beating, strangling woman
- Rostraver man pleads guilty in 2012 deadly wreck on I-70
- Contractor on New Stanton I-70 project wants access route
- Training sessions to administer heroin overdose antidote to begin in Derry