Derry Township fire ruled arson
The state police fire marshal in Greensburg has ruled that a fire that extensively damaged a vacant home in Derry Township was intentionally set.
Trooper Jake Andolina said the fire at 678 Redcut Lodge Road in a rural section of the township was arson. The fire broke out at 1:59 a.m. Saturday.
No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $15,000.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone state police at 724-832--3288.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Corbett, Wolf bring gubernatorial campaign to Greensburg
- Fay-West food banks feeling hunger pains
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Attorney: Indiana County suspect not fit for trial in fatal Derry shooting
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop
- Greensburg driver charged after ATV struck on rail tracks
- Laurel Mountain State Park ski plans will go to Ligonier Township supervisors