Derry Township fire ruled arson
The state police fire marshal in Greensburg has ruled that a fire that extensively damaged a vacant home in Derry Township was intentionally set.
Trooper Jake Andolina said the fire at 678 Redcut Lodge Road in a rural section of the township was arson. The fire broke out at 1:59 a.m. Saturday.
No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $15,000.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone state police at 724-832--3288.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Three injured in two-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought, alleged accomplice arrested
- Braddock man held for trial in Jeannette assault, robbery
- Woman pays $178 fine for Westmoreland courthouse conduct
- New Alexandria tree trimmer pleads guilty to fraud
- Krieger to seek Westmoreland County Common Pleas judgeship
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Rustic Ridge Mine permit request criticized