Mt. Pleasant woman charged with harassment for calls to club
Approximately 70 counts of harassment have been filed against a Mt. Pleasant woman who allegedly repeatedly dialed hang-up calls to a local AMVETS club and mailed harassing letters to its members.
Patricia M. Roudebush, 62, of 4078 Route 981 was charged with 36 counts of harassment, or repeated anonymous communication, and 36 counts of harassment, or repeated communication in another manner.
The charges, filed at District Judge Roger Eckels' office, stem from a series of incidents between July 16 and Aug. 15.
Police said Roudebush would call the AMVETS club in Mt. Pleasant Township and hang up when someone would answer the phone.
The club's financial officer asked the phone company to trace the calls.
The financial officer told police that Roudebush had been suspected of the phone calls because she was the former secretary at the AMVETS club and was removed because of some financial discrepancies and other club-related violations.
She was angry with several people in the club, the officer said.
Police interviewed Roudebush, who admitted making the phone calls and sending letters to various people. She told police that she had received letters from club members.
Roudebush told police that she made the phone calls and sent the letters because of the way the AMVETS club removed her father, a longtime member.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled at Eckels' office at 9:15 a.m. Feb. 14.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Allegheny Township man to serve at least 24 years for molesting 3 children
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Westmoreland jail guard accused of selling illegal steroids
- Bank told to maintain Hempfield cemetery
- West Newton will consider temporary road after train accident cut off neighborhood
- Man taken to hospital from scene of Hempfield house fire
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- West Newton man sentenced for 6 robberies