Mt. Pleasant woman charged with harassment for calls to club
By Mark Hofmann
Published: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 12:16 a.m.
Updated: Saturday, January 12, 2013
Approximately 70 counts of harassment have been filed against a Mt. Pleasant woman who allegedly repeatedly dialed hang-up calls to a local AMVETS club and mailed harassing letters to its members.
Patricia M. Roudebush, 62, of 4078 Route 981 was charged with 36 counts of harassment, or repeated anonymous communication, and 36 counts of harassment, or repeated communication in another manner.
The charges, filed at District Judge Roger Eckels' office, stem from a series of incidents between July 16 and Aug. 15.
Police said Roudebush would call the AMVETS club in Mt. Pleasant Township and hang up when someone would answer the phone.
The club's financial officer asked the phone company to trace the calls.
The financial officer told police that Roudebush had been suspected of the phone calls because she was the former secretary at the AMVETS club and was removed because of some financial discrepancies and other club-related violations.
She was angry with several people in the club, the officer said.
Police interviewed Roudebush, who admitted making the phone calls and sending letters to various people. She told police that she had received letters from club members.
Roudebush told police that she made the phone calls and sent the letters because of the way the AMVETS club removed her father, a longtime member.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled at Eckels' office at 9:15 a.m. Feb. 14.
Mark Hofmann is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
- Challenger posts stunning upset in Monessen mayoral race
- Bilik DeFazio leads race for Westmoreland County judge on both ballots
- Four Greensburg Salem candidates get both parties' backing
- GOP leader gets nod for Westmoreland prothonotary
- Leaks have couple rethinking dream of art gallery in New Alexandria
- Challenger defeats incumbent in Export mayoral primary
- GOP's Ulishney to face Democrat for Unity Township supervisor
- South Huntingdon woman accused of stealing from employer
- Caregiver pleads guilty to neglect
- Jacobelli bests Carter to win Jeannette mayoral nod
- Mt. Pleasant mayor victorious
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.