Penn Twp. police follow trail to alleged doctor’s office thief
Published: Friday, January 18, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, January 22, 2013
A trail of stolen medical equipment led police to a Penn Hills man accused of taking $486.01 worth of items from a doctor's office.
Jesse King Hershelman, 32, of 2819 Main St., is accused of wandering the halls of Partners in Health on Orchard Drive and taking several items from the practice when he took his mother to an appointment.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, workers said Hershelman was asked multiple times to sit in the waiting room on Jan. 8, but he was seen and heard in examination rooms and storage closets.
When police arrived, a “trail of ear probes” was found on the sidewalk leading to Hershelman's car. Other items were seen in his vehicle.
Police said Hershelman stole eye drops, mouth and ear thermometers, mouth probe covers, ear probe covers, a flashlight and adhesive bandages. Police also found seven rolls of toilet paper wedged under the vehicle seats.
Hershelman is charged with theft and receiving stolen property before District Judge Helen Kistler. A summons has been issued and a preliminary hearing is scheduled on Feb. 19.
- Hundreds of races, but light turnout expected for primary in Westmoreland
- Loyalhanna parents denied contact once baby born
- Zoning restrictions threaten reopening of coke facility
- Monessen revival boils down to money that could be difficult to secure
- Organization helps cancer-stricken mother see her kids attend prom
- Murrysville drivers will enjoy green all the way on Route 22 as traffic engineers adjust signals
- Belle Vernon family suing VFD over crash
- Hempfield man gets 5 to 10 years in prison for firing at troopers in what lawyer called an ‘anomaly’
- Southmoreland seniors earn spots on All-State Band
- Hempfield man to be jailed 5 days in stalking
- Hempfield man gets life in prison for killing girlfriend during fight over spilled noodles
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.