Unity golf course owner seeks parking space
The owner of Glengarry Golf Links asked Unity supervisors Tuesday to approve a request to rezone a portion of the golf course and his property to allow for more parking.
Gary Nese, president of Alta Mira Golf Links Inc., parent firm of the golf course, told the supervisors at a public hearing on the requests that he wants to change the zoning on a 7.6-acre parcel at his residence at 1039 Victoria Lane from a residential-2 classification to an agricultural classification.
At the golf course, Nese wants to change a 1.76-acre parcel from an agricultural designation to a residential-2 classification and then subdivide the parcel from the course. William Koch, golf course superintendent, lives in a farmhouse on the course property, Nese said, and if Alta Mira were to sell the golf course, the zoning change would enable Koch to continue to live at the house.
“He has lived there over 35 years,” Nese said.
Nese said he wants to change the zoning for the house owned by his stepson, Paul Ulyas, from a residential-2 classification to an agricultural designation.
By having the two houses rezoned for agricultural purposes, Nese said he could create additional parking for the golf course.
When two events occur at the course and clubhouse, there have been many occasions when there is overflow parking at the golf course and some patrons resort to parking along the road, Nese said.
The supervisors may vote on the proposed zoning amendments at the board's Feb. 14 meeting, said Michael O'Barto, township supervisor.
Joe Napsha is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-836-5252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crash closes part of Route 30 in Unity
- Podlucky mansion in Ligonier Township will go to sheriff’s sale
- Scottdale Fall Festival marks 40th year
- 40-year-old Latrobe woman used boy, 13, for sex, drugs, police say
- North Belle Vernon man on a mission to restore hometown park
- Lawyer for wife killer seeks to cancel restitution hearing
- Judge orders competency hearing for accused killer of Derry mother
- Beams for cantilevered structure placed at Westmoreland museum
- Salem man accused of child porn possession
- Dinner, auction to benefit teen
- Palmer Field House dedicated on golf legend’s 85th birthday