Man facing trial for Unity holdups charged in Latrobe robbery
A man facing trial for allegedly holding up two Unity stores is now charged with robbing a Latrobe convenience store.
Russell Bernard Schaming, 46, of 409 Depot Street, Apt. 1, was charged by Latrobe Police with robbery, theft, receiving stolen property and simple assault for allegedly robbing the Sunoco convenience store at 600 James St. on Dec. 22.
Schaming was charged by state police in Greensburg with robberies last month at the Beatty Market and Subway restaurant. He has waived his right to preliminary hearings before Unity District Judge Michael Mahady in those two cases and will stand trial.
Police allege Schaming entered the Sunoco convenience store, threatened the clerk with a butcher knife and demanded money and cigarettes. Police said he ran out of the store with $157 and several packs of cigarettes.
He is accused of robbing the Subway along Route 981, where he allegedly threatened employees with a butcher knife on Dec. 23.
Police said Schaming entered Beatty Market along Route 30 Christmas Eve, pointed a knife at employees and demanded money. Police took Schaming into custody a few miles away with about $700 and a butcher knife on him.
He is being held in the Westmoreland County jail on $50,000 bond.
Paul Peirce is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-850-2860 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Seat in 32nd District deemed crucial for Pennsylvania Senate control
- Derry man jailed in scuffle with police
- Hempfield Hunt Club gets waiver to speed construction in New Stanton
- North Huntingdon commissioners fill vacant board seat
- Latrobe police officer sues councilman, city for slander
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Police: Trafford couple used website to advertise prostitution services
- Injuries reported in accident in Mt. Pleasant Township