Derry man sentenced for breaking baby's leg
A Derry man was sentenced on Monday to serve one year less a day to two years less a day for breaking the leg of a 25-day-old child while changing the infant's diaper in July 2010.
Nathan Alan McCrary, 25, pleaded guilty on Monday to simple assault and reckless endangerment before Judge John E. Blahovec.
McCrary told the judge he was changing the infant's diaper when he apparently put too much pressure on the baby's leg or moved it too far.
“It sounds pretty strange,” Blahovec replied.
McCrary was ordered to complete parenting classes and to have no contact with the victim except as advised by family court. He has been in jail since April 20 and was credited for time served.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trial in Monessen homicide of drug dealer nears start
- Opening arguments set in Rostraver home invasion case
- Pair charged with prostitution-related offenses in South Greensburg
- Twin Lakes to host grand opening for expansion area that includes dek hockey rink
- Norvelt residents try to preserve community history’s link to Roosevelts
- Harrison City woman arrested for fighting police
- Scottdale man arrested at end of motorcycle chase
- Accident closes Route 22 in Murrysville
- Jeannette council to consider change in rental ordinance
- Hempfield woman seriously injured in crash
- Hempfield woman donates music inspired by WWI ‘doughnut girls’