Derry man sentenced for breaking baby's leg
A Derry man was sentenced on Monday to serve one year less a day to two years less a day for breaking the leg of a 25-day-old child while changing the infant's diaper in July 2010.
Nathan Alan McCrary, 25, pleaded guilty on Monday to simple assault and reckless endangerment before Judge John E. Blahovec.
McCrary told the judge he was changing the infant's diaper when he apparently put too much pressure on the baby's leg or moved it too far.
“It sounds pretty strange,” Blahovec replied.
McCrary was ordered to complete parenting classes and to have no contact with the victim except as advised by family court. He has been in jail since April 20 and was credited for time served.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Woman testifies about alleged sex assault in Arnold
- Former Mich. lawmaker uses D.C. trip to lobby for better veterans health care
- Soccer league seeks access to borough’s field at Willows Park
- Ligonier council approves design changes to Diamond
- Youngwood council delays vote on rental property inspections
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say
- Mt. Pleasant Township Lions Club to host all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast
- Greensburg mayor race features write-in hopeful vs. businessman
- Fickle weather gives pumpkin growers in Pennsylvania fits
- East Deer man chastised by Westmoreland judge, paroled, released