Derry man sentenced for breaking baby’s leg
Published: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, January 29, 2013
A Derry man was sentenced on Monday to serve one year less a day to two years less a day for breaking the leg of a 25-day-old child while changing the infant's diaper in July 2010.
Nathan Alan McCrary, 25, pleaded guilty on Monday to simple assault and reckless endangerment before Judge John E. Blahovec.
McCrary told the judge he was changing the infant's diaper when he apparently put too much pressure on the baby's leg or moved it too far.
“It sounds pretty strange,” Blahovec replied.
McCrary was ordered to complete parenting classes and to have no contact with the victim except as advised by family court. He has been in jail since April 20 and was credited for time served.
- Hundreds of races, but light turnout expected for primary in Westmoreland
- 4 candidates seeking nod for Mt. Pleasant Township supervisor seat
- Monessen revival boils down to money that could be difficult to secure
- Hempfield man gets 5 to 10 years in prison for firing at troopers in what lawyer called an ‘anomaly’
- Organization helps cancer-stricken mother see her kids attend prom
- Southmoreland seniors earn spots on All-State Band
- Zoning restrictions threaten reopening of coke facility
- Mt. Pleasant district renews food contract
- Murrysville drivers will enjoy green all the way on Route 22 as traffic engineers adjust signals
- May Mart kicks off West Overton Museums’ opening
- Latrobe officials stress retirement needs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.