Derry man sentenced for breaking baby's leg
A Derry man was sentenced on Monday to serve one year less a day to two years less a day for breaking the leg of a 25-day-old child while changing the infant's diaper in July 2010.
Nathan Alan McCrary, 25, pleaded guilty on Monday to simple assault and reckless endangerment before Judge John E. Blahovec.
McCrary told the judge he was changing the infant's diaper when he apparently put too much pressure on the baby's leg or moved it too far.
“It sounds pretty strange,” Blahovec replied.
McCrary was ordered to complete parenting classes and to have no contact with the victim except as advised by family court. He has been in jail since April 20 and was credited for time served.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire at Westmoreland prison extinguished
- Route 981 sewage project could cost less
- Police: Deer rifle in vehicle at Southmoreland High School
- Westmoreland County judge denies appeal of convicted wife killer
- Bus used at World Trade Center on 9/11 revamped in East Huntingdon
- Jacobs Creek woman guilty in murder attempt
- Westmoreland may sell two-thirds of fleet, start leasing in cost-saving plan
- Greensburg police Officer Scalzo commended for stopping suicide
- Western Pa. retirees skip relaxing, instead head back to school
- Charges added against Hempfield woman in theft from online donation account
- New Alexandria tree cutter accused of theft, fraud in work scam