Greensburg man dies in North Carolina crash
A Greensburg man who was in the process of moving to North Carolina was killed in a one-vehicle accident there early Monday.
Craig Jessman, 38, died at the scene of the accident along Route 17 near River Bend, which is located in Craven County in eastern North Carolina, according to the state Highway Patrol.
Jessman was a passenger in a vehicle driven by Melissa Anne Dinsmore, 43, of New Bern, N.C., police said.
Dinsmore was driving south around 3:40 a.m. Monday when she ran off the road into the median and lost control of the vehicle, police said. She traveled a short distance in the northbound lane, oversteered and slid sideways, police said.
The vehicle overturned several times in the median and landed on its roof in the southbound lanes, police said.
Jessman was ejected from the vehicle. Police said he was moving to New Bern.
Dinsmore was flown to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. Police said she was speeding at the time of the accident and charges against her are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- Land costs for New Stanton turnpike interchange project reach $4.2M
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Wyano woman accused of sex with 15-year-old boy
- $3.5M glass sculpture’s story begins, ends in rural community of Dunbar
- Jeannette police say 5 people caught trespassing on grounds
- Police seek public help with East Huntingdon store thefts
- 4 Democrats seek 3 nods for Latrobe council
- Hempfield bicyclist who brought rock, knives into court office charged
- 2 Democrats battle for Hempfield nomination for supervisor