Salvation Army gives away coats in Monessen
The Salvation Army's Mon Valley Citadel gave away more than 40 winter coats to needy area residents on Saturday.
The clothing giveaway coincided with the citadel's annual rummage sale, which attracted a crowd to the citadel's Monessen complex.
A wide array of items were available for sale, including hats, gloves, scarves, sweaters and, yes, more coats.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Flooding forces evacuation of Ligonier Township residents
- Unity planners OK proposal for Route 30 retail development
- Hempfield man to plead guilty to posing as policeman
- Harsh February leaves Westmoreland communities short on road salt
- Restitution payments top record in Westmoreland County
- Charleroi woman charged in home invasion pleads, is released
- West Newton seeks more information on plan to add fire companies to be called in emergencies
- North Huntingdon man accused of road rage altercation in Westmoreland
- Mt. Pleasant Glass Museum to kick off Speaker Series with stories of Jeannette
- Visitation parish to hold Longaberger Basket Bingo/Bash
- Event gets new formal name: Shop ’n Save Westmoreland County Airshow, presented by Xcoal Energy & Resources in Latrobe