Salvation Army gives away coats in Monessen
The Salvation Army's Mon Valley Citadel gave away more than 40 winter coats to needy area residents on Saturday.
The clothing giveaway coincided with the citadel's annual rummage sale, which attracted a crowd to the citadel's Monessen complex.
A wide array of items were available for sale, including hats, gloves, scarves, sweaters and, yes, more coats.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of costing residents thousands, viewing porn on the job
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Laurel Mountain State Park ski plans will go to Ligonier Township supervisors
- Missing Southwest Greensburg man found dead at crash site in Bell
- Physicist found joy in family, friends, work, wine
- WCCC changes dual-enrollment policy
- $10K grants will help people purchase homes in Monessen
- Records access charges will rise in Westmoreland County
- Mt. Pleasant man injured when tractor hit by vehicle
- Redstone gets $90K grant for safety upgrade
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County upgrades emergency communications plan