Salvation Army gives away coats in Monessen
By Renatta Signorini
Published: Monday, February 4, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Monday, February 4, 2013
The Salvation Army's Mon Valley Citadel gave away more than 40 winter coats to needy area residents on Saturday.
The clothing giveaway coincided with the citadel's annual rummage sale, which attracted a crowd to the citadel's Monessen complex.
A wide array of items were available for sale, including hats, gloves, scarves, sweaters and, yes, more coats.
- Jamie’s Dream Team helps young mother see her children attend prom
- Hempfield man gets 5 to 10 years in prison for firing at troopers in what lawyer called an ‘anomaly’
- Murrysville drivers will enjoy green all the way on Route 22 as traffic engineers adjust signals
- Pair denied contact once baby born
- Murrysville council shoots down chicken-coop proposal
- Belle Vernon family suing VFD over crash
- Communities, theater feel loss of Greensburg prisoner work program
- State seeks to unload 123-acre Hempfield prison site
- Two Penn-Trafford students charged with smoking pot in girls restroom
- Judge to stay on in Knight death penalty case
- Sentence in fatal DUI crash rings hollow for family of Jeannette woman
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.