Latrobe man jailed on indecent assault charge
A 23-year-old Latrobe man was jailed on $50,000 bond Monday after he was charged with sexually assaulting a child last month.
Frank R. Baker III was charged by Latrobe Officer Michelle Preston with involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, indecent assault, corruption of minors and indecent exposure.
Police began the investigation last month after the child's mother was told of the alleged assault, according to records.
Baker was arraigned before Unity Township District Judge Michael Mahady, who tentatively scheduled his preliminary hearing for Feb. 14.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- Sale of former SCI Greensburg prison to advance despite lawmakers’ objections
- Mt. Pleasant Business District Authority picks officers
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- $7.6M buyout at Hempfield prison site clouds sale
- Baby sitter arraigned on assault charges; Hempfield woman high on heroin, state police say
- Excela center proposal worries residents of Hempfield neighborhood
- Police claim woman stabbed husband at their Jeannette business
- Westmoreland County Courthouse, annex roofs will be given $665K fix
- Jeannette teen, charged with killing another, took ‘selfie’ with body, court papers say
- Inquest: Police bullet killed man in 2013 standoff in Latrobe