Hunker woman charged after toddler wanders
A Hunker woman is charged with child endangerment after she allegedly fell asleep and the boy she was supervising wandered outside, state police said.
Angela Keefer, 35, was caring for the 15-month-old boy on Jan. 29 when she consumed prescription medication and wine. She fell asleep and the child fell out of a window, sustaining minor injuries, police said.
The boy then walked along a roadway until a passer-by noticed him and contacted police.
The charge was filed with Scottdale District Judge Charles Moore. She faces a preliminary hearing on March 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery
- Grease in Youngwood sewer system prompts another look at rule
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Woman sought in robbery in Unity
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Clelian Heights parents rally to keep program put in jeopardy by new federal rule
- Westmoreland jail guard accused of selling illegal steroids
- West Newton will consider temporary road after train accident cut off neighborhood
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Bank told to maintain Hempfield cemetery