Hunker woman charged after toddler wanders
Published: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 9:40 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
A Hunker woman is charged with child endangerment after she allegedly fell asleep and the boy she was supervising wandered outside, state police said.
Angela Keefer, 35, was caring for the 15-month-old boy on Jan. 29 when she consumed prescription medication and wine. She fell asleep and the child fell out of a window, sustaining minor injuries, police said.
The boy then walked along a roadway until a passer-by noticed him and contacted police.
The charge was filed with Scottdale District Judge Charles Moore. She faces a preliminary hearing on March 27.
- Monessen revival boils down to money that could be difficult to secure
- Organization helps cancer-stricken mother see her kids attend prom
- Two Penn-Trafford students charged with smoking pot in girls restroom
- Loyalhanna parents denied contact once baby born
- Mt. Pleasant district renews food contract
- Zoning restrictions threaten reopening of coke facility
- Murrysville drivers will enjoy green all the way on Route 22 as traffic engineers adjust signals
- Belle Vernon family suing VFD over crash
- Passenger in vehicle that struck Unity Arby’s in good condition
- Hempfield man gets 5 to 10 years in prison for firing at troopers in what lawyer called an ‘anomaly’
- Communities, theater feel loss of Greensburg prisoner work program
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.