Hunker woman charged after toddler wanders
A Hunker woman is charged with child endangerment after she allegedly fell asleep and the boy she was supervising wandered outside, state police said.
Angela Keefer, 35, was caring for the 15-month-old boy on Jan. 29 when she consumed prescription medication and wine. She fell asleep and the child fell out of a window, sustaining minor injuries, police said.
The boy then walked along a roadway until a passer-by noticed him and contacted police.
The charge was filed with Scottdale District Judge Charles Moore. She faces a preliminary hearing on March 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penn Township teen allegedly drunk at time of police chase, crash
- Ethics panel: It’s OK for Westmoreland commissioner to do business with municipalities
- More charges filed against Derry Township man who allegedly held woman at knifepoint
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Friends of Homeless Felines marks 10 years in Scottdale
- Penn Township man seeking gun permit accused of bringing heroin to courthouse
- Father, son killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Consent decree that limits weddings at Foxley Farms ruled valid
- Adelphoi resident charged as adult in Latrobe assault
- YouTube campaign by Latrobe 4-year-old aids Alzheimer’s Association
- Latrobe man who admitted role in fatal crash allowed to continue driving