Hunker woman charged after toddler wanders
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013, 9:40 a.m.
A Hunker woman is charged with child endangerment after she allegedly fell asleep and the boy she was supervising wandered outside, state police said.
Angela Keefer, 35, was caring for the 15-month-old boy on Jan. 29 when she consumed prescription medication and wine. She fell asleep and the child fell out of a window, sustaining minor injuries, police said.
The boy then walked along a roadway until a passer-by noticed him and contacted police.
The charge was filed with Scottdale District Judge Charles Moore. She faces a preliminary hearing on March 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Attorney wants lesser term for woman in Greensburg torture death
- Murrysville woman shares her many tales as a professional storyteller
- Pastors offer help in days following Franklin Regional stabbings
- North Versailles, Murrysville families still waiting for report on 2011 chopper crash that killed couple
- Blaze damages Derry Twp. garage, apartment
- Graziani hired away from Latrobe as Penn Township’s manager
- Scottdale to reconsider use of complaint forms
- City approves deal to supply Greater Latrobe with school resource officer
- ‘We Are FR’ fund going strong
- Police say Latrobe woman bought gun for boyfriend, who shot neighbor
- Easter egg hunt planned at Norvelt field