Hunker woman charged after toddler wanders
A Hunker woman is charged with child endangerment after she allegedly fell asleep and the boy she was supervising wandered outside, state police said.
Angela Keefer, 35, was caring for the 15-month-old boy on Jan. 29 when she consumed prescription medication and wine. She fell asleep and the child fell out of a window, sustaining minor injuries, police said.
The boy then walked along a roadway until a passer-by noticed him and contacted police.
The charge was filed with Scottdale District Judge Charles Moore. She faces a preliminary hearing on March 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 10 escape Greensburg house fire
- Three teens injured in one-vehicle crash in Hempfield
- Greensburg torture killer Marinucci returns to court seeking lighter sentence
- 3 injured in crash that ties up Route 22 in Salem for nearly 8 hours
- Rival Westmoreland vape shops develop own specialties
- Unity to decide July 9 on disputed gas station
- St. Vincent professor, students use interviews for drug addiction data
- Former Mt. Pleasant sex offender to stay behind bars while wife hunts for home
- Mt Pleasant police officer assaulted while making arrest
- Hempfield dentist-turned-missionary-turned-author offers advice for youths
- Hempfield Area balances budget with 1.79-mill tax increase