Police arrest 2 men driving wrong way in Greensburg
Published: Thursday, February 7, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Thursday, February 7, 2013
Two Allegheny County men who were stopped on Wednesday after they drove the wrong way down a one-way street in Greensburg allegedly planned to sell 35 stolen Star Trek DVDs to buy heroin, state police said.
Tyler Edwin Durmis, 21, of 3750 Old William Penn Highway, Churchill, and Jacob Anthony Edgington, 21, of 302 Seventh Ave., Carnegie, were arraigned before Greensburg District Judge James Albert on conspiracy and possession of drug paraphernalia charges.
Durmis also is charged with receiving stolen property, retail theft and two motor vehicle code violations.
Trooper Michael Reinhart said he spotted a shopping basket with numerous Star Trek II DVDs in Durmis' sedan after stopping it for going the wrong way on East Pittsburgh Street about 7 a.m. Wednesday.
Durmis admitted taking the special edition discs from the Wal-Mart store in Burrell Township, Indiana County, earlier that day, Reinhart said in court papers.
Passenger Edgington added that he and Durmis planned to sell the DVDs “so they could buy heroin because they were becoming dope sick,” police said.
The discs are valued at $21.96 each, or a total $768.60.
Police said they found 10 syringes and four used heroin stamp bags in the car.
Albert set Durmis' bail at $30,000 straight and Edgington's at $25,000 straight.
They face preliminary hearings on Thursday.
- Former Jeannette hospital attracts Calif. buyer
- $2.5K reward offered for suspect who robbed Monessen pharmacy only for painkillers
- Tentative budget hires 17, hikes tax
- Fireworks to honor Greensburg Community Days organizer Koval
- Hearings set for North Huntingdon woman in alleged stalking
- 11 jurors confident they took oath
- Greig: Keep pooches on right side of the law
- Transit union unhappy in talks
- 3-mill tax hike tentatively OK’d
- Dr. Arlene Hall named interim chancellor at PSU-Eberly
- Westmoreland County Community College passes tentative budget
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.