North Huntingdon EMS needs new leader
North Huntingdon EMS/Rescue, the township's primary emergency medical service provider, is advertising for a full-time executive director.
The group has been without an executive director since October, said Scott Avolio, the association's solicitor. Jeffrey J. Tirpak is serving as interim director.
North Huntingdon EMS/Rescue, called Rescue 8, is along Center Highway near the townhouse and employs more than 25 people. It provides pre-hospital care, patient transports, vehicle and technical rescue and tactical EMS services.
The director will be responsible for operational and financial issues, as well as helping the board develop strategies to guide the organization in the future, the job listing states.
“They're the CEO of the organization,” said David Bertoty, who is spearheading the search as a member of the group's volunteer board. “They're responsible for not only all of the day-to-day operations but the strategic planning.”
The organization maintains seven vehicles and works with police and local volunteer fire departments, Bertoty said.
It receives reimbursement from insurance companies and fundraisers, in addition to receiving some funding from North Huntingdon Township.
“(The funding is) something the board (of commissioners) does because they provide ambulance service to North Huntingdon Township residents,” said township manager John Shepherd.
The group is responsible for hiring its staff and securing and maintaining its equipment, Shepherd said.
Two township commissioners, Lee Moffatt and Zach Haigis, sit on the group's board of directors.
“They're an autonomous organization other than the two commissioners,” Shepherd said.
The organization has been in existence for more than 50 years.
The employment listing, posted on www.nhems-rescue.org, indicates the job offers a competitive salary with full health and retirement benefits.
Interested candidates, the listing states, should submit a current resumé and cover letter with salary requirements to the North Huntingdon EMS/Rescue Board of Directors at email@example.com.
Rossilynne Skena is a staff writerfor Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-836-6646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Newton man found dead in helicopter wreckage near Rostraver Airport
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Police: Westmoreland woman forged painkiller prescriptions
- Westmoreland historical society honors efforts by Scaife, Fagan, Norwin group
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Search for pilot of ultralight aircraft to resume Thursday
- Scottdale’s Friends of the Library will meet tonight
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Groups sponsor candidates forum in Monessen
- Ex-clerk convicted of stealing more than $116K from WCCC avoids jail
- Bolivar couple charged with endangerment; baby nearly drowned, police say