S.C. trucker accused of theft
A South Carolina trucker is accused of abandoning a $55,000 truck he leased from a Salem Township trucking company last November and then threatening a company official who was trying to locate it.
Milton Garrison Holt, 45, of 53 Birch Place, Clemson, S.C., was charged by state police at Kiski with theft of leased property, theft and making terroristic threats in connection with the chain of events that occurred in November.
According to the affidavit of probable cause filed by Trooper Todd Adamski, Holt was an employee of Liberty Trucking in Salem Township when he leased a 2008 Kenworth truck tractor from the firm and was supposed to drive the tractor and trailer to Columbus, Ohio, on Nov. 5.
Later that day, Holt reportedly called Mark Palla, Liberty Trucking vice president of operations, and said he needed $300 for fuel to complete his trip to Columbus, according to Adamski.
Palla agreed to wire the money directly to Holt's fuel card.
Later that day, Holt called Palla again and admitted he was not driving to Columbus, but “he had left the tractor on the side of the road on Harley Street in Charlotte, N.C., with the doors unlocked and the keys inside,” Adamski wrote in the affidavit.
“The trailer was located, but the tractor has not been located,” Adamski said.
Palla repeatedly attempted to call and text Holt, but Holt replied that he has “no idea what happened to the truck and does not care, and nothing can be done to him.”
Holt is accused of sending threats to Palla via text messages that “he and a couple of his boys” would show up at Palla's office “in broad daylight to handle bizness (sic) with him,” Adamski wrote in the affidavit of probable cause.
Holt was jailed after failing to post $25,000 bail set by Washington Township District Judge Jason Buczak pending a preliminary hearing March 4.
Paul Peirce is a staff writer forTrib Total Media. He canbe reached at 724-850-2860or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Land costs for New Stanton turnpike interchange project reach $4.2M
- Donors’ generosity allows Clairview School girls to get fancy for prom
- Police seek public help with East Huntingdon store thefts
- 2 charged with copper theft from Greensburg house
- Wyano woman accused of sex with 15-year-old boy
- Murrysville woman apologizes for scholarship fund theft
- Hempfield bicyclist who brought rock, knives into court office charged
- Jeannette’s Monsour Medical Center demolition costs might go down