Armed robber hits Mt. Pleasant convenience store
Police are searching for the robber who made off with $200 from a Sunoco convenience store in Mt. Pleasant early Saturday morning after threatening a female clerk with a gun, borough police said.
The suspect, wearing a hood and using clothing to cover his face, came into the Sunoco store at 819 W. Main St., shortly after midnight and pointed the gun at a clerk, demanding the money, said Officer Justin James. He fled in either a white minivan or white sport utility vehicle, James said.
The suspect appeared to be a white male, between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet tall, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township
- Rostraver woman with cancer, family raise thousands for fighting disease
- Police searching for man who pulled over high school student in Export
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- Mt. Pleasant’s background colored by entrepreneurial spirit
- Suspected drug dealers arrested by Westmoreland County task force
- Family of 3 displaced by fire in Ligonier; dog feared dead
- Greensburg police officer Zulisky to run for district judge
- Westmoreland judge offers Court in the Classroom
- Loyalhanna mother appeals conviction in beating of 3-month-old daughter