Armed robber hits Mt. Pleasant convenience store
Published: Monday, February 11, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Monday, February 11, 2013
Police are searching for the robber who made off with $200 from a Sunoco convenience store in Mt. Pleasant early Saturday morning after threatening a female clerk with a gun, borough police said.
The suspect, wearing a hood and using clothing to cover his face, came into the Sunoco store at 819 W. Main St., shortly after midnight and pointed the gun at a clerk, demanding the money, said Officer Justin James. He fled in either a white minivan or white sport utility vehicle, James said.
The suspect appeared to be a white male, between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet tall, police said.
- Mayor’s defeat may spell end of ‘Monessen Rising’
- Thunderstorm knocks out power
- 3-day waiver allows military couple to finally be married
- DeFazio’s win imperiled by lawsuit
- Jeannette mayor isn’t taking loss as mandate
- Murrysville contractor accused in $10,000 theft
- County schools among nation’s best
- Bilik DeFazio leads race for Westmoreland County judge on both ballots
- Four Greensburg Salem candidates get both parties' backing
- Southmoreland holds kindergarten registration
- Nurse to run in honor of crash victim
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.