Synthetic marijuana suspect arrested
Police apprehended one of two men wanted in connection with alleged sales of synthetic marijuana at an Arnold convenience store.
Muhannad Suleiman Shuman, 38, of Monroeville, was arrested Saturday night in Pittsburgh, according to Arnold Police. They said they could not provide further details and referred questions to Allegheny County Police, who could not be reached for comment.
Shuman faces four counts of possession and sale of an illicit, designer drug. He is being held in the Westmoreland County jail on $30,000 bail.
The charges stem from a months-long investigation into sales of synthetic marijuana, also known as “spice” or “K2,” at the Arnold Stop-N-Go on Constitution Boulevard, police said.
Arnold and state police raided the store Thursday afternoon. Seif Suleiman Shuman, 42, also of Monroeville, was arrested during the raid. Police continue to search for Mohammad Suleiman Shoman, 34, of Monroeville. The three are brothers despite the different spellings of their last names, police said.
Police say the men continued to sell the synthetic marijuana out of the store even after an Oct. 17 raid yielded more than 50 pounds of the drug.
Jodi Weigand is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-226-4702 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police investigate Hempfield fight
- Fuel cell company leaves New York to operate plant in Mt. Pleasant Township
- North Huntingdon man struck by car, killed near Yough High School
- Reinstated Delmont officer claims he’s isn’t being allowed to go back on patrol
- Podlucky mansion in Ligonier Township will go to sheriff’s sale
- Munchinski can proceed with civil rights action, judge rules
- Crash closes part of Route 30 in Unity
- Greensburg’s century-old YMCA reopens after makeover
- 40-year-old Latrobe woman used boy, 13, for sex, drugs, police say
- North Belle Vernon man on a mission to restore hometown park
- Lawyer for wife killer seeks to cancel restitution hearing