Synthetic marijuana suspect arrested
By Jodi Weigand
Published: Monday, February 11, 2013, 12:11 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Police apprehended one of two men wanted in connection with alleged sales of synthetic marijuana at an Arnold convenience store.
Muhannad Suleiman Shuman, 38, of Monroeville, was arrested Saturday night in Pittsburgh, according to Arnold Police. They said they could not provide further details and referred questions to Allegheny County Police, who could not be reached for comment.
Shuman faces four counts of possession and sale of an illicit, designer drug. He is being held in the Westmoreland County jail on $30,000 bail.
The charges stem from a months-long investigation into sales of synthetic marijuana, also known as “spice” or “K2,” at the Arnold Stop-N-Go on Constitution Boulevard, police said.
Arnold and state police raided the store Thursday afternoon. Seif Suleiman Shuman, 42, also of Monroeville, was arrested during the raid. Police continue to search for Mohammad Suleiman Shoman, 34, of Monroeville. The three are brothers despite the different spellings of their last names, police said.
Police say the men continued to sell the synthetic marijuana out of the store even after an Oct. 17 raid yielded more than 50 pounds of the drug.
Jodi Weigand is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-226-4702 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Police seek suspect in Derry Twp. exposure incident
- Smoking in school costs New Florence man more than a fine
- Mt. Pleasant to dedicate digital wall honoring veterans
- Memorial Day events set in Westmoreland, Fayette
- Four Greensburg Salem candidates get both parties' backing
- Mt. Pleasant health fair to feature information for seniors
- Jeannette mayor isn’t taking loss as mandate
- Former Jeannette hospital attracts Calif. buyer
- Suspect surrenders in Penn Township foundry evacuation
- Democratic newcomer, incumbents to vie for seats on Latrobe Council
- Democrats in close race for Greensburg Council nominations
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.