Cable television show to feature Greensburg torture slaying
Jennifer Daugherty's torture and murder will be featured on Thursday on a new cable television show that focuses on friends killing friends.
“Frenemies” will air at 10 p.m. on Investigation Discovery.
“Two outcasts become best friends. But when a man comes between the two of them, the outcome is horrendous. In a horrifying act of revenge, Jennifer Daugherty spends an unthinkable weekend being tortured at the hands of her best friend, Angela Marinucci,” according to the program description.
Westmoreland County prosecutors have said Daugherty, 30, of Mt. Pleasant was caught in the middle of a romantic triangle between Greensburg residents Marinucci, 20, and her boyfriend, Ricky Smyrnes, 26.
Smyrnes is on trial on charges that include first-degree murder. He faces a potential death sentence if convicted of that offense.
Jury deliberations could begin on Thursday.
According to trial testimony, Daugherty told witnesses that she was going to marry Smyrnes.
Television producers were in Greensburg last summer to interview Daugherty's family.
“It's all about Angela and Jennifer. They were best pals for a couple of years,” said Daugherty's mother, Denise Murphy, who appears in the show.
“I'm not sure I'll watch it. It's going to be tough to watch,” she said.
Rich Cholodofsky is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-830-6293or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- United Way surplus funds benefit 9 nonprofits in Westmoreland County
- Penn Township man who shot friend gets probation
- Unity name excised from Latrobe parks, recreation
- Demolition project at Oliver’s Pourhouse in Greensburg moves ahead
- Arbitration decides Westmoreland court workers’ pact
- Ligonier man first in Pa. to own aluminum-body F-150
- Home of LeNature’s exec up for sale
- Plenty of ‘pain’ to share, as Westmoreland County budget OK’d with $8M in cuts